God/gods god/gods

you have been having a laugh all the time agbus .i see through you now.in fact i think you are getting some sort of sick thrill out of winding people up.what a distorted sense of humour you have---call yourself a christian oh no i dont think so.... stop pretending agbus.

/sigh

Welcome back, Grahame...

You just can't manage to keep off the religious threads, and riling people up online seems to be your favourite profession.

Edit: /sigh - there's just no need for it!

It isn't like that at all. You atheists simply love having a "go" and it isn't funny for those on the receiving end and I think it is about time the tables were turned, so I will take over where Grahame left off. He was far too nice a chap to put you all in your place, but that is about to change.

so I will take over where Grahame left off. He was far too nice a chap to put you all in your place, but that is about to change.

This should be funny.. :hihi:

Whilst you are at it - care to answer the questions I posted above. Lets take one - if homosexuals are abominable as your book Leviticus says, can I burn my mother in a small family gathering for wearing clothes of two different threads?

so I will take over where Grahame left off. He was far too nice a chap to put you all in your place

On the contrary, he was thoroughly obnoxious in his online persona. He would repeatedly insult anyone who tried to point out his errors in reasoning, and was hypocritical enough to accuse others of being hateful if they responded in kind. He even went so far as to insult the entire process of reasoning, by his continual referrals to "atheist logic" as if logic came in different types. Frankly, he did more damage to the image of Christianity on these boards than any number of rampant militant atheists could ever have done in ten years.

If you intend to "take over where he left off," you would be well advised to defend atheism, since that would probably persuade people to convert to Christianity. If you actually want to defend Christianity, then abandon any thoughts of following in Grahame's stead and actually produce some reasoned arguments as an alternative.

For once, let's just stick to the one point currently at hand. Let us hear from Aqbus whether Christianity does, indeed, abhor homosexuality, and let us hear from him on what authority it does so.

I, like Obelix, am only aware of Old Testament passages that condemn homosexuality, and Aqbus is at great pains to deny the Old Testament's validity, so those cannot be the passages on which he bases his claim; so let's have the ones that are.

Here is what the New Testament says about things outside of normal married life. The word homosexual did not exist until 1892 instead are words like lasciviousness, lust, uncleanness and fornication.

"And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet." Rom 1:27

"Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted." 1Cr 10:6

"This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh." Gal 5:16

"Not in the lust of concupiscence even as the Gentiles which know not God:" 1Th 4:5

"Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death." Jam 1:15

"Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." 2Pe 1:4

"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." 1Jo 2:16

"And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever." 1Jo 2:17

“when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries” 1 Peter 4:3

“have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness” 2 Corinthians 12:21

“Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness” Ephesians 4:19

“the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness…” Galatians 5:19

“ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness” Jude 1:4

"And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man. For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within, and defile the man." Mar 7:20

If you intend to "take over where he left off," you would be well advised to defend atheism, since that would probably persuade people to convert to Christianity. If you actually want to defend Christianity, then abandon any thoughts of following in Grahame's stead and actually produce some reasoned arguments as an alternative.

The only way I can think of defending atheism is to fall in behind Richard Dawkins.

http://richarddawkins.net/articles/20-atheists-for-jesus

But several quotes which appear to condemn sexual desire of all kinds.

Oh quite possibly. But since Grahame was intent on having a go at people from being homosexual, in the context that people have a go at others for being black, or Jewish or atheist I wanted to clear that one up.

Archived