God/gods god/gods

Do we really need to go through all of this again guys? c'mon by now you've heard everything grahame has to say, don't feed the trolls! The religion threads were actually good for a couple of months until he came back.

Yep. I'm going to stop posting as well.

Theist posters on here are like religions. A new one pops up every five minutes and none of them make any sense whatsoever! :P

Yep. I'm going to stop posting as well.

Theist posters on here are like religions. A new one pops up every five minutes and none of them make any sense whatsoever! :P

True, but at least its fun seeing in what ways the different ones don't make sense, it gets boring when it's just everyone vs grahame.

Or, as I've found, the older and more experienced and sceptical I get, the less respectable I find the doctrines, conclusions and bases of religion.

As for: "I imagine that even life long non believers start to praying as they get older.", well; you imagine wrong. :)

you're probably right.

Imagine whatever you like, though I doubt you'll be correct in your assumptions.

It's not an assumption only an image but it's good to see you haven't dispelled the chance entirely if you have doubts. You seem to be under the impression that i'm preaching, i'm not but I am open to the possibility. I'm on the side of the fence that doesn't believe but I can see the fence. It can't be proved one way or the other so I can't be expected to be for or against only sceptical.

Before globalisation there were atheist in each religious community, these were the people that didn’t follow the faith of that community blindly. Do you not find it at all surprising that each community that lived in relative isolation to other communities came up with different religions?

Atheism is the same all over the world; all these atheists have probably been taught about the religion in their given area but chose not to believe. They didn’t follow the herd like sheep.

What you are talking about is free will which some people deny in order to be able to blame god for everything. Atheists tie themselves in knots with their contradictions.

You can still be religious and not believe in god. Hinduism recognises atheism as valid so do some Buddhists

I am not religious (in any form) though and, as I stated, I can only speak from personal experience. Atheism is not the same as a religion (though some idiots will try to assert otherwise).

I am not religious (in any form) though and, as I stated, I can only speak from personal experience. Atheism is not the same as a religion (though some idiots will try to assert otherwise).

No probably not but much in the same way as religious folk flock to follow, don't we Atheists herd together in disbelief.

Archived