God/gods god/gods

If the alternative is a life free from superstition, bigotry, ignorance and delusion then I have no problem with it.

There are no deities outside of peoples imagination. Atrocious things have been done in their name.

jb

Precisely. It is people who are evil, you finally got it right, and learn this and learn it well, Christianity is opposed to anything that harms other people and if people like Hitler try to say different don't take any notice of them, use your brains instead and tell them where to go, while you go to church and set about learning what Christianity really is about.

Where on earth did I say it was?

Please show me where I did or retract your accusation.

You said this and I asked a question based on the distinction you made between great wrongdoing and everyday wrongdoing which you describe as "just everyday wrongdoing" which you say "is the important point."

Looks like sccsux has a decent list. I notice that the adjective "extreme" "great" etc appear signifinying something more than just everyday wrongdoing though, which is the important point.

Precisely. It is people who are evil, you finally got it right, and learn this and learn it well, Christianity is opposed to anything that harms other people and if people like Hitler try to say different don't take any notice of them, use your brains instead and tell them where to go, while you go to church and set about learning what Christianity really is about.

You missed the first sentence. Why don't I just miss out the non existent middleman and derive a moral code based upon logic and reason instead of superstition and threats of eternal damnation.

jb

ETA: Still waiting for an answer to this:

Which way is the world going? How does this differ from directions it may have taken in the past and what role do athiest vs thiests play in directing it?

Please supply fully referenced 'facts' to support your viewpoint.

Archived