God/gods god/gods

Atheists exist and I talk about them while they spout a load of nonsense about things they don't believe in like deities, flying teapots and fairies at the bottom of their gardens.

Rather like xtians spouting a load of nonsense about things they are stupid enough to beleive in but not prove like gods, flying teapots and fairies at the bottom of the garden.

That's the trouble and people are beguiled by a smooth tongue, the fact of the matter is that the truth hurts.

Hahaha. And, in your mind, it's not possible that I actually AM nicer than you, or that I value being nicer, or that I spend my life helping others as much as I possibly can.

Nope, I bet that never even crosses your mind...

Jesus taught love for others and if anyone opposes Christianity and the teaching of Jesus, then that can only mean a bad and evil society by a people who do not know evil from good which we have seen expressed here today.

Being good and having love in your heart has nothing to do with Jesus or Christianity. Conversely, NOT having Jesus or Christianity in your heart does NOT lead to a path of evil. It's baffling that you'd think that (of course you want to think that).

I wonder which of us would come out on top of a poll of how much good we've both done for the world. Or how much positive change we've effected.

Or, let's limit this somewhat, how much good we've both done for people SOLELY on this forum.

Hahaha. And, in your mind, it's not possible that I actually AM nicer than you, or that I value being nicer, or that I spend my life helping others as much as I possibly can.

Nope, I bet that never even crosses your mind...

Being good and having love in your heart has nothing to do with Jesus or Christianity. Conversely, NOT having Jesus or Christianity in your heart does NOT lead to a path of evil. It's baffling that you'd think that (of course you want to think that).

I wonder which of us would come out on top of a poll of how much good we've both done for the world. Or how much positive change we've effected.

Or, let's limit this somewhat, how much good we've both done for people SOLELY on this forum.

You have got me there, I don't know any people on SF but this is obviously where you get your information from which should only be known by the mods.

You have got me there, I don't know any people on SF but this is obviously where you get your information from which should only be known by the mods.

It's obviously what? Karis ins't a mod and he probably gets his information from the various meets. If you didn't have your head stuck so far up your own backside you would know that people occassionally meet up in real life you know....

Then you had better lobby the government to close down social services.

Are atheists really that hard and mean spirited?

How does criticising people who use threats of pain and suffering to make a living, make atheists hard and mean spirited?

Earlier on I posted this reply to someone. It got hijacked by people who it was not addressed to with the result it has become buried under pages of posts, so here it is again for Plain Talker. Thank you.

Abraham was singled out because he was the exception to the rule.

Obelix gave the answer to mortgages which is a man-made problem, but that aside you are ignoring the fact that mortgages and penicillin are amoral. I stand by my definition of evil which is any human act that results in emotional, physical or financial harm either to yourself and/or others.

Earlier on I posted this reply to someone. It got hijacked by people who it was not addressed to with the result it has become buried under pages of posts, so here it is again for Plain Talker. Thank you.

While we're dredging up old posts could you answer this:

Which way is the world going? How does this differ from directions it may have taken in the past and what role do athiest vs thiests play in directing it?

Please supply fully referenced 'facts' to support your viewpoint.

Still waiting.

jb

Archived