God/gods god/gods

Hahaha. And, in your mind, it's not possible that I actually AM nicer than you, or that I value being nicer, or that I spend my life helping others as much as I possibly can.

Nope, I bet that never even crosses your mind...

It occurred to me that all atheists are nicer than Agbus.:D

OED:

evil

n adjective

1 extremely wicked and immoral. Øembodying or associated with the forces of the devil. Øharmful or tending to harm.

2 extremely unpleasant: an evil smell.

n noun great wickedness and depravity, especially when regarded as a supernatural force. Øsomething harmful or undesirable: social evils.

PHRASES

the evil eye a gaze or stare superstitiously believed to cause harm.

the Evil One archaic the Devil.

speak evil of slander.

DERIVATIVES

evilly adverb

evilness noun

ORIGIN

Old English yfel, of Germanic origin.

So you admit to believing in a deity.

actually, I think he more likely believes in a dictionary providing a definition, Gragbus..

Abraham was singled out because he was the exception to the rule.

Obelix gave the answer to mortgages which is a man-made problem, but that aside you are ignoring the fact that mortgages and penicillin are amoral. I stand by my definition of evil which is any human act that results in emotional, physical or financial harm either to yourself and/or others.

How so? Penicillin and Thalidomide can wreak havoc and do much good at the same time.

How so? Penicillin and Thalidomide can wreak havoc and do much good at the same time.

I know but Penicillin and Thalidomide do not make moral decisions. The morality is down to the giver and the recipient in this case the doctor and the patient.

The responsibility lies with us as people and we have a duty of care to others which is not to harm them.

The pedophile, the bomber, the rapist etc. abrogate their responsibility and then others have to try and cope the best they can and as I say the evil done can be measured by the amount of harm whether it is emotional, physical or financial and sometimes it is all three.

I know but Penicillin and Thalidomide do not make moral decisions. The morality is down to the giver and the recipient in this case the doctor and the patient.

The responsibility lies with us as people and we have a duty of care to others which is not to harm them...

So let's say a Doctor prescribes a course of penicillin to cure a bad case of syphilis and the patient goes into anaphylactic shock and dies. Clearly the Doctor's actions caused harm therefore by your reasoning he is evil? Is that right?

jb

Archived