God/gods god/gods

I haven't noticed any tolerance in your posts I am sorry to say.

Possibly because you have a very narrow viewpoint. The other people with religion on here don't seem to have a problem as far as I can see.

Have you ever considered that since it's you vs the world it may be you that has the issue and not the world?

Possibly because you have a very narrow viewpoint. The other people with religion on here don't seem to have a problem as far as I can see.

Have you ever considered that since it's you vs the world it may be you that has the issue and not the world?

It's been mentioned to him on numerous occasions in his past identity.

Even christians think he is a bit extreme.

I simply think he's a loon.

I still am not seeing any tolerance in your posts.

I still am not seeing any tolerance in your posts.

That's because nothing has been required for me to show tolerance. The mere fact I'm attempting to debate with a bigoted idiot though should show some considerable degree in most peoples books.

Are you going to answer the question about the Dalai Lama then?

So are you saying that only christians are capable of creating a decent society? Are you saying that only christians are capable of doing good? Are you saying that only christians can lead a decent, caring, moral life?

That's his usual argument, sccsux. He reckons no atheist/ agnostic can have morals, nor anyone of another Religion, be it Islam, Judaism or whichever...

Then allow me to disabuse you of that notion. I've had the singular honour of meeting the man, and spending some time living in the society he came from and it's a most enlightning, and above all tolerant and peaceful society. Something that the West would do well to heed.

As for gold digging I cannot even begin to understand where you get that idea from I'm afraid.

He gets the idea by virtue of the fact that his holiness, the Dalai Lama can't possibly be a "good person":- he isn't Christian!! (*PT removes her tongue from her cheek! ;) )

He gets the idea by virtue of the fact that his holiness, the Dalai Lama can't possibly be a "good person":- he isn't Christian!! (*PT removes her tongue from her cheek! ;) )

As far as I am aware Christianity is the most peaceful of all. Here is yet another none Christian religion that eschews violence.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/andrewbrown/2010/jun/21/dalai-lama-armed-forces-day-message

The words "Warrior Monks" are quite some oxymoron.

"But there are others which argue that killing can be good, when executed by a spiritually skilled practitioner who can do so with the right motivation. Tibetan Buddhism falls squarely into the latter tradition, and previous incarnations of the Dalai Lama have been such practitioners. The 13th, for example, modernised the Tibetan army."

As far as I am aware Christianity is the most peaceful of all. Here is yet another none Christian religion that eschews violence.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/andrewbrown/2010/jun/21/dalai-lama-armed-forces-day-message

The words "Warrior Monks" are quite some oxymoron.

"But there are others which argue that killing can be good, when executed by a spiritually skilled practitioner who can do so with the right motivation. Tibetan Buddhism falls squarely into the latter tradition, and previous incarnations of the Dalai Lama have been such practitioners. The 13th, for example, modernised the Tibetan army."

Gragbus, you really are talking cobblers. (as usual)

His holiness, The Dalai Lama is a good example of peace. Tibet, his land, has been occupied by China for what? Fifty years? Well, 52 to be exact - and despite the injustices meted out to his people, he has shown gentleness.

My bold- maybe previous incarnations have been "warriors", but the present DL certainly is not.

Archived