God/gods god/gods

So why did we sing hymns at assembly at my school, hear religious parables and have compulsory RE (Religious Education) lessons.

Presumably faith schools are pointless too?

I fear for the state of learning in the world if everyone had your driving curiosity. :rolleyes:

When I was at school, the only Religious Education I got in my RE lessons, was about Christianity, we didn't touch on the other world religions at all.

I do remember the (small number of) Muslim pupils, and the Jehovah's Witness pupils going into a classroom together whilst the assembly took place.

What roots said (Hi roots long time no see ).0

Hi Flowerade!! *gets himself a nice cool glass of* :)

When I was at school, the only Religious Education I got in my RE lessons, was about Christianity, we didn't touch on the other world religions at all.

I do remember the (small number of) Muslim pupils, and the Jehovah's Witness pupils going into a classroom together whilst the assembly took place.

My school headmaster was a devout Christian who was always preaching in assembly, he wasn't particularly good at it and when questioned about the parts that made no sense he didn't know how to react so usually said something "wise" sounding and unrelated. It was like having David Brent as your headmaster.

• 2 months later...

Archived