God/gods god/gods

I am indifferent to religion. There is no proof of a diety, and while many religious notions have been disproved, there is no proof of a lack of a diety, either.

Therefore, until new information comes to light, I have no opinion because there is no opinion to be had without "taking a leap of faith", which I don't care enough to do.

Why do people continue to argue over such matters? There is obviously no correct answer at this point in time.

Copy/pasting huge chunks of scripture, with no relevance to the posts you quote......

..is NOT well thought out.

I was hoping you were going to keep your promise and not respond to my posts.

Seeing as you have, I need to bring you to task about the comment you made which I have highlighted.

It is nonsensical to ask questions about Christianity and not to expect answers from the Bible. The comment I have highlighted applies to you and no one else. Do you understand at least that much?

1) I said I wouldn't respond to your provocations, not your posts in general.

2) Your responses (of mostly biblical copy/pastes) don't usually give any answers, usually they aren't even related in any way, shape or form to the posts you quote and respond to. I and many others have brought this to your attention many times.

Go into any catholic or church of England and look at the average age of the congregation. However, calling people asses who happen to believe in something you don't is insulting. I have no problem with atheism. That's your right, and I don't preach, and I certainly don't insult. I leave that to Grahame and the likes of you to destroy every religious thread there is.

Just out of interest Buck, how do you view my contributions? I only ever hear Grahame's opinions and sometimes wonder if I'm perceived in a similar light by the rest of the theist folk on here.

I am indifferent to religion. There is no proof of a diety, and while many religious notions have been disproved, there is no proof of a lack of a diety, either.

Therefore, until new information comes to light, I have no opinion because there is no opinion to be had without "taking a leap of faith", which I don't care enough to do.

Do you also have no opinion on the existence of the flying spaghetti monster?

There's no proof that he doesn't exist either, are you going to remain consistent?

Why do people continue to argue over such matters?
Because its interesting.

Why do people continue to argue over such matters? There is obviously no correct answer at this point in time.

While I'm not interested in the slightest whether any gods do or don't exist, I am VERY interested in knowing WHY some people believe in their gods. I don't think I've actually ever come across any such explanations other that the ones suggested by atheists.

Archived