Are weekly bin collections a "basic right"?

taxman

Weekly bin collections are a good idea, but I would go further and scrap all this ridiculous recycling nonsense where you have to put certain things in a green bin, some in a red one, other things in a blue box, etc, etc. It all goes to the same landfill sites so what's it matter which bin we put it in?

Yeah I understand that it's a pretty hard system to get to grips with, I mean 3 different colours, how on earth is one meant to know where what thing goes?

In some countries the bins get emptied every DAY. And they a fraction of the council tax we do. We are being ripped off to the max in this country.

Is that the charge for waste collection versus the avaerage wage of that country? Do they recycle? Emptying bins everyday seems like a huge waste of everyones time!

In some countries the bins get emptied every DAY. And they a fraction of the council tax we do. We are being ripped off to the max in this country.

Exactly. We all have to pay hundreds of pounds a year in council tax, but the only noticeable benefit we get in return is to have our bins emptied. I would accept fortnightly bin collections if the cost of my council tax was halved, but I can't see it happening.

Exactly. We all have to pay hundreds of pounds a year in council tax, but the only noticeable benefit we get in return is to have our bins emptied. I would accept fortnightly bin collections if the cost of my council tax was halved, but I can't see it happening.

you do understand that your council tax does not only pay for your bins to be emptied don't you?

you know you can get them to exchange your bin for a small one? Its much more discreet!

That would be much more work for the binmen. And those smaller narrow bins are more likely to go over when the wind blows. I have space for the big bin and it is extremely convenient and efficient that I only need to put it out occasionally.

Archived