Its official, we're a christian country

Apologies for the confusion. Your link to the poorly constructed web site by a person I have never heard of obviously trumps all the previous articles on the subject...:hihi:

Considering that my link contained quotes from the BBC and yours was based on a lie from the Daily Mail then yes.

You know, I didn't think anyone actually took the Daily Mail seriously, but obviously you do.

Considering that my link contained quotes from the BBC and yours was based on a lie from the Daily Mail then yes.

You know, I didn't think anyone actually took the Daily Mail seriously, but obviously you do.

The BBC is hardly the vision of honesty. Remember Dr Kelly?...

Not everybody like samosas, especially elderly people who are more set in there ways....

So they can buy the meat and potato pies then.

It's not the law that they have to buy the samosas just like it's not the law that you have to eat halal meat! :rolleyes:

John X

Good Evening,

Many of you seem to be mixing up Christianity with the Church of England.

Christianity means following the teachings of Christ.

C of E is only involved with getting Henry VIII a divorce and enriching him by stealing the contents of all the Abbeys around England

where did the abbeys get their wealth from?

Henry VIII was clearly an arse but for selfish reasons he did circumstantially free us from catholicism so I have to be greatful:thumbsup:

The Office of National Statistics reports that 70% of the population thinks they're Christian. That kind of blows out of the water the BBC and their daft ban on BC and AD.

There's also far less gays in the village than some would report as well. Only 1.3% of men reported they were gay. Stonewall have claimed 27%. There's nothing wrong with being gay but we need honesty. They inflate the figures to justify their existence and to ensure the equal opportunities maniac inflict their daft ideologies on us all.

When will the left wake up and stop all the misinformation.

What's next the revelation that the indigenous English are white? :hihi:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2043482/Whatever-BBC-say-Britain-mainly-white-Christian-straight.html

Richard Littlejohn, I might have known.

It all depends on what definitions you accept. Littlejohn clearly has his agenda, which is to prove that anyone not white/straight are aberrations the UK would be better without. Oh, and that the BBC are evil. All of them. Even the typists.

What does 'Christian' mean exactly? How do you qualify? Having active religious faith, going to church regularly? Not accepting female clergy? Believing the world is only 3,000 years old? Avoiding shellfish and menstruating women? Or just watching 'Songs of Praise' now and then? There's plenty of wiggle room there.

As for the gay stats, Littlejohn's take is clearly driven by his revulsion at the idea of men's sexuality, not homosexuality per se. The thing about surveys, even anonymous ones, is that people will not necessarily be honest. There may well be plenty more who would identify as gay/bi/transgender if the forces of conservative culture in the UK weren't so vocal and ranged against their sexuality. Perhaps those answering the question don't *want* to be identified as 'homosexual', even if functionally they are. The technical term for this is 'internalised oppression'.

Personally, I like diversity. It improves our culture, it adds to it. Despite the bizarre theories of the BNP, there is no state of cultural grace that we can retreat to, we have always been a mongrel race, and as with all mongrels, that is and continues to be our strength.

Richard Littlejohn, I might have known.

It all depends on what definitions you accept. Littlejohn clearly has his agenda, which is to prove that anyone not white/straight are aberrations the UK would be better without. Oh, and that the BBC are evil. All of them. Even the typists.

What does 'Christian' mean exactly? How do you qualify? Having active religious faith, going to church regularly? Not accepting female clergy? Avoiding shellfish and menstruating women? Or just watching 'Songs of Praise' now and then? There's plenty of wiggle room there.

As for the gay stats, Littlejohn's take is clearly driven by his revulsion at the idea of men's sexuality, not homosexuality per se. The thing about surveys, even anonymous ones, is that people will not necessarily be honest. There may well be plenty more who would identify as gay/bi/transgender if the forces of conservative culture in the UK weren't so vocal and ranged against their sexuality. Perhaps those answering the question don't *want* to be identified as 'homosexual', even if functionally they are. The technical term for this is 'internalised oppression'.

Personally, I like diversity. It improves our culture, it adds to it. Despite the bizarre theories of the BNP, there is no state of cultural grace that we can retreat to, we have always been a mongrel race, and as with all mongrels, that is and continues to be our strength.

What an excellent post. Well written, insightful, humane and intelligent. Wow.

Archived