Its official, we're a christian country

An interesting article here..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1180970/STEPHEN-GLOVER-Why-BBC-understand-STILL-Christian-country.html

I'm glad you all seem to agree that we are a Christian country and we should be proud of this. Although, I've never seen so many posts composed through gritted teeth...:hihi:

An interesting article here..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1180970/STEPHEN-GLOVER-Why-BBC-understand-STILL-Christian-country.html

I'm glad you all seem to agree that we are a Christian country and we should be proud of this. Although, I've never seen so many posts composed through gritted teeth...:hihi:

(isn't pride a sin?)

Can one then never be justifiably proud, e.g. of something worthwhile accomplished?

I tend to not generally feel proud of things I accomplish, I don't really understand the whole pride thing. To me if you accomplish something that you set out to achieve, then things have gone as planned, which makes me feel happy or satisfied, but I wouldn't call it pride.

It's always seemed to me that with pride also comes great falls, ie the prouder someone is that they have accomplished something, the more disappointed they would have been if they HADN'T accomplished it. I may not have worded that in the best way, I'm no psychologist.

I feel proud when my son accomplishes things, but that is his doing and not mine.

Can one then never be justifiably proud, e.g. of something worthwhile accomplished?

Of course!

I'm sure Ralph Steinman and his colleagues were justifiably proud of the work they did on the human immune system. Shame he didn't live long enough to receive his Nobel prize.

John X

• 2 months later...

Archived