Its official, we're a christian country

Maybe they think being christened is the same thing?

Church attendances over the past 50 years would seem to tell a different story.

How many people go to Church in the UK?

Does that really matter though? Isn't it about how people identify themselves?

I know Christians who do go to Church, Christians that don't, Muslims that go to Mosque and Muslims that don't go to Mosque.

--

Christianity is a way of life, not just a religion. Supporting a bricks and mortar church is not neccessary to live a Christian life. I can say the same for Judaism as well. Most Jews I know are by no means religious, but are all proud of their culture.

Christianity is a way of life, not just a religion.
It is just a religion, and it is a way of life.

That's what religions are, they are ways to live your life.

Supporting a bricks and mortar church is not neccessary to live a Christian life.
No, but it's a big part of it, and used to be even more so, as the figures quoted demonstrate.

I can say the same for Judaism as well. Most Jews I know are by no means religious, but are all proud of their culture.
Which is rather the point being made, that the Christians in this country are becoming less and less religious by the year, less and less Christian.

proud to live in a christian country. :cool:

:thumbsup:

:banana:

:heyhey:

Christianity is a way of life, not just a religion. Supporting a bricks and mortar church is not neccessary to live a Christian life. I can say the same for Judaism as well. Most Jews I know are by no means religious, but are all proud of their culture.[/QUOTE]

An interesting article here..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1180970/STEPHEN-GLOVER-Why-BBC-understand-STILL-Christian-country.html

I'm glad you all seem to agree that we are a Christian country and we should be proud of this. Although, I've never seen so many posts composed through gritted teeth...:hihi:

Why be proud? Is it something you have achieved through hard work?

Pride is a sin as far as I can remember, not only that- pride or shame in oneself have always seemed to be rather selfish emotions which I do without just fine.

Don't get me going on gays Frank even the word annoys me it used to mean happy and having a good time, it says in the bible man shell not lay with man, as for being a Christian country yes that's good we should celebrate that,its our country and we should be proud and stick up for our belief.

Don't get me going on gays Frank even the word annoys me it used to mean happy and having a good time, it says in the bible man shell not lay with man, as for being a Christian country yes that's good we should celebrate that,its our country and we should be proud and stick up for our belief.

It's full of other old tosh as well, which appeals to the narrow minded of this World

Archived