Its official, we're a christian country

Christianity is a way of life, not just a religion. Supporting a bricks and mortar church is not neccessary to live a Christian life. I can say the same for Judaism as well. Most Jews I know are by no means religious, but are all proud of their culture.

I agree. Some of the worst Christians go to church on a regular basis and some of the best Christians have never been to church...

Don't get me going on gays Frank even the word annoys me it used to mean happy and having a good time, it says in the bible man shell not lay with man, as for being a Christian country yes that's good we should celebrate that,its our country and we should be proud and stick up for our belief.

As supposedly written by Moses, I think. His opinion, not God's.

I'm pretty it also said we shouldn't eat pork or work on a Sunday. Ever done either of those?

Yes. Something we've all achieved. :)

How so?

The thing with Moses was, he went up to the top of a mountain, away from any witnesses distractions, to speak to God.

He then came down, saw his people worshipping a golden cow. He then ordered the massacre of 3,000 of them for this.

We only have his word that God doesn't like homosexuality and even then it's down to interpretation. Would you really take the word of a man who executed 3,000 people for worshipping a statue?

Don't get me going on gays Frank even the word annoys me it used to mean happy and having a good time, it says in the bible man shell not lay with man, as for being a Christian country yes that's good we should celebrate that,its our country and we should be proud and stick up for our belief.

It's also says it's okay to keep slaves and to stone people to death for minor crimes. Do you believe everything that it says, or just the things that coincide with your prejudices?

Micheal Portillo agree's with David Cameron on this; he was on the news saying how 20 or so years ago a Prime Minister wouldn't need to come out and say such a thing because it was self evident, but wasn't it the Conservative government, that he was a part of, that brought in the Sunday trading act, encouraging us to shop till we drop on the sabbath?

As supposedly written by Moses, I think. His opinion, not God's.

I'm pretty they also said we shouldn't eat pork or work on a Sunday. Ever done either of those?

How so?

Booster I don't believe every story in the bible,just quoted a passage I happen to believe is right Leviticus 18-22,as for working on Sundays well yes I do I get treble time for that, as for eating pork Leviticus 11/7-8 says that pig meat is unclean I personally don't like pork meat but that is through taste not religion,

Booster I don't believe every story in the bible,just quoted a passage I happen to believe is right Leviticus 18-22,as for working on Sundays well yes I do I get treble time for that, as for eating pork Leviticus 11/7-8 says that pig meat is unclean I personally don't like pork meat but that is through taste not religion,

So just picking and choosing what's right in the bible.

Archived