Its official, we're a christian country

It's also says it's okay to keep slaves and to stone people to death for minor crimes. Do you believe everything that it says, or just the things that coincide with your prejudices?

Its not prejudice, homosexuality is wrong and it is a free country to say as I like, I detest homosexuality and that passage in the bible says it as it is.man shall not lay with man,and by the way I am not a bile basher nor do I believe every thing the bible says.

Its not prejudice, homosexuality is wrong and it is a free country to say as I like, I detest homosexuality and that passage in the bible says it as it is.man shall not lay with man,and by the way I am not a bile basher nor do I believe every thing the bible says.

You mean in YOUR OPINION it is wrong.

If you want to get picky, in the bible it says a man shall not lay with another man as he would with a woman.

If you want to get REALLY picky, a man CAN'T "lay" with another man as he would with a woman, the anatomy just isn't there.

So just picking and choosing what's right in the bible.

I was brought up in a very religious protestant family and had the bible as they say rammed down my thought as a kid and I did rebel a bit,but the words of the bible are very clear to me,you believe it as you want,it supposed to help you in life and give you a following, a lot of it is not very relevant now days as it was written in a very diffident time but it is still a good guideline to follow in life, some parts are a bit crazy though. every body interpretates the bile differently and sometimes to suit there own course.

It's full of other old tosh as well, which appeals to the narrow minded of this World
It also had a few other things like 'Thou shalt not kill' and 'Thou shalt not steal' - were they old tosh appealling to the narrow-minded too?

Its not prejudice

Yes it is.

homosexuality is wrong

As it occurs in almost every primate on the planet, just how is it wrong (unless god made a **** up)?

it is a free country to say as I like.

Only up to a point, after which you simply become offensive.

I detest homosexuality

Hence the prejudiced comments.

that passage in the bible says it as it is.man shall not lay with man,and by the way I am not a bile basher nor do I believe every thing the bible says.

Ah, you believe the bits that back up your hatred.

It also had a few other things like 'Thou shalt not kill' and 'Thou shalt not steal' - were they old tosh appealling to the narrow-minded too?

Some people thought that way before christianity.

They're also common sense if a society is to prosper.

In a few very short years we've gone from homosexuality being illegal to it being not only accepted, but virtually celebrated.

God help us when it becomes compulsory the way things are going. It's not right, it's not natural, and it shouldn't be treated as 'normal'. It isn't.

Hey, what if you believe the writer of the Bible was being sarcastic? Anything goes eh?

Personally I believe the various writers of the bible have mainly been people with an agenda to push, with the possibility of some genuine good folk contributing here and there.

I have no reason to believe any of it is the word of God so the only other likely conclusion is that the people who wrote it only SAID it was the word of God.

Archived