Its official, we're a christian country

;)Oh dear I thought as much, do try to see the tongue in cheek comments for what they are rather than take everything literally, you'll find life far less stressful if you can do that.

I didn't say they should hide away, but they are not totally normal. If they were, they would be heterosexual, and attracted to the opposite gender is such a way as is necessary to continue the species.

The very fact that we have survived a million years demonstrates unequivocally that they are not normal - or we wouldn’t have survived.

Have you got a fairy on top of your tree this year? :suspect:

Have you got a fairy on top of your tree this year? :suspect:

;)Oh dear I thought as much, do try to see the tongue in cheek comments for what they are rather than take everything literally, you'll find life far less stressful if you can do that.

I didn't say they should hide away, but they are not totally normal. If they were, they would be heterosexual, and attracted to the opposite gender is such a way as is necessary to continue the species.

The very fact that we have survived a million years demonstrates unequivocally that they are not normal - or we wouldn’t have survived.

Then what IS normal? Having a full head of hair? Being tall? Having blue eyes and blonde hair?

That you see acceptance of homosexuality as a slippery slope towards homosexuality becoming compulsory. It's absurd and hilarious, and highlights how your prejudice, like most, is borne out of fear.

Gay people are totally normal, and they aren't going to hide away any more, you'll just have to get over it.

Why do people always level the word prejudice against people who find homosexuals detestable its a word that does not even begin to express my loathing of homosexuals and the depraved acts that they perform on each other,and what on earth has fear got to do with it fear of what fear of being nauseated may be.

I didn't say they should hide away,

No you didn't, I inferred that from other things you said. I doubt I was off, but just that you don't have the balls to say what you really mean.

but they are not totally normal. If they were, they would be heterosexual
Normal does not mean 'exactly the same as everyone else'.

Homosexuals make up somewhere between 5-10% of the population, if you define everything like that as being not normal, then there are loads of things that aren't normal.

For example, 1 in 15 people over 13 own an Iphone, would you call them abnormal?

The very fact that we have survived a million years demonstrates unequivocally that they are not normal
No it doesn't. It does raise an interesting question as to how the genes that predispose someone towards homosexuality continue to be propagated.

In fact, there are several possible explanations, the one that I'm most inclined to believe (but only explains gay men, not women) is that the female relatives of gay men tend to have more children than the average woman (source), so the same genes that predispose men towards being homosexual apparently also predispose women to be more fertile.

There's also the well-known phenomenon of gay men denying their sexuality and having a wife and children just to conform.

Why do people always level the word prejudice against people who find homosexuals detestable
Because it is an accurate descriptor in those cases. Next question?

what on earth has fear got to do with it fear of what fear of being nauseated may be.
Fear is very often the root of hatred, especially irrational prejudices like yours.

Then what IS normal? Having a full head of hair? Being tall? Having blue eyes and blonde hair?
Being within a range of height variables which covers the norm, being within a range of weight variables which covers the norm, I think you know really. If you're one of the tallest couple of percwent, or shortest, or fattest, then you're not normal. What's the big deal, should we pretend that we're all the same?

I'm not a Christian and hatred is not in my nature.

The difference is that you detest homosexual people for something they have no choice in, whereas I don't.

So you believe that homosexuals don't have a choice to do what they do to each other?

Archived