Its official, we're a christian country

Are Conrod and Tom Fletcher claiming a Christian basis for their homophobic beliefs, or are you inferring one?
I'm not religious, but don't confuse distaste for phobia.

Finding something distasteful that doesn't automatically mean somebody has a phobia.

I don't especially like chavs - am I chavphobic? I find people throwing litter out of their cars to be distaseful, or dropping cigarette butts - but I fear neither.

I particularly don't like small, weedy left-wing lickspittles who spend their lives looking for things to be offended by and championing sad, deluded little anti-right wing causes, but I don't hold a phobia for them or any sort of fear. My sentiment for them is similar to that for dog muck on my shoe - a little contempt, perhaps bordering on disgust on occasion, but on the whole just distaste.

to state that all Christians are homophobic is to generalise.there are plenty of atheists/non-believers who are homophobic.

Did you not read the thread title? This discussion is about the UK being a christian country (or not), not about atheists. If you want to discuss them, feel free to start a thread, but please don't hijack an already active thread.

I'm not religious, but don't confuse distaste for phobia.

Finding something distasteful that doesn't automatically mean somebody has a phobia.

I don't especially like chavs - am I chavphobic? I find people throwing litter out of their cars to be distaseful, or dropping cigarette butts - but I fear neither.

I particularly don't like small, weedy left-wing lickspittles who spend their lives looking for things to be offended by and championing sad, deluded little anti-right wing causes, but I don't hold a phobia for them or any sort of fear. My sentiment for them is similar to that for dog muck on my shoe - a little contempt, perhaps bordering on disgust on occasion, but on the whole just distaste.

Do you irrationally detest or loathe chavs ?

Did you not read the thread title? This discussion is about the UK being a christian country (or not), not about atheists. If you want to discuss them, feel free to start a thread, but please don't hijack an already active thread.

allright then,so sorry.really didnt mean to hijack your thread. :wave:

The Office of National Statistics reports that 70% of the population thinks they're Christian. That kind of blows out of the water the BBC and their daft ban on BC and AD.

Probably when the extreme right stop spreading lies about the BBC and their non ban on BC and AD.

It a lie, a load of bulls, cods, horse dropping and crap.

It's a lie, an untruth, a load of testicles.

Why do you need to spread lies to further your daft politics?

http://tabloid-watch.blogspot.com/2011/09/bbc-bans-bcad-lie-continues-to-spread.html

Archived