Its official, we're a christian country

I dont think that it is that the country is being invaded.

But no one can deny that the faith has many more adherents than previously.

But it may just be that it is the same as with Christianity, because their Dad is one, so are they?

yes christians come in all shapes and variaties do'nt they and muslims too but down with the extreme fanatics in all groups.

The answers you get are all determined by how you ask the question. As a very small part of my job I need to ask the clients that I meet if they have a religion. I work in a predominately white, working class area of Sheffield, the people I see are mostly in their 20's and 30's. I don't ask "what is your religion?" but I ask " Do you have a religion?", and I would say that 70% of people answer that they have no religion.

Make of this what you like .

and I would say that 70% of people answer that they have no religion.

I would say that it means that 70% of white, working-class people have little or no interest in religion, Xtian or otherwise.

So the white, working-class EDL, who bang on about defending our cherished Christian values represent no-one other than their own sick prejudices.

And talking about sick prejudices here is a quote from Richard Littlejohn from the OP's Mail article.

Islam accounts for 4.4 per cent of the population, although this often seems like an under-estimate — especially if you live in London or one of our other great cities.

Hmm... given that you can't tell someone's religion just by looking at them I assume you mean people with dark skins rather than supporters of Islam. And if you see less than 1 in 20 people with dark skins as being much larger than 1 in 20, I suggest you suffer from the 'seeing immigrants everywhere' syndrome afflicting the EDL, BNP and UKIP.

Richard Littlejohn, racist? Nah!

John X

The answers you get are all determined by how you ask the question. As a very small part of my job I need to ask the clients that I meet if they have a religion. I work in a predominately white, working class area of Sheffield, the people I see are mostly in their 20's and 30's. I don't ask "what is your religion?" but I ask " Do you have a religion?", and I would say that 70% of people answer that they have no religion.

When people reply that they have no religion, they do not know what it means.

They are speaking of organised religion, which few of us follow.

But every person has their god.

It is inherent in our make up. We are human, and answerable to something I wot not.

Look to your conscience, and guilt feelings, what drives that?

Dont try and blame upbringing, it would be there on its own.

I would say that it means that 70% of white, working-class people have little or no interest in religion, Xtian or otherwise.

So the white, working-class EDL, who bang on about defending our cherished Christian values represent no-one other than their own sick prejudices.

And talking about sick prejudices here is a quote from Richard Littlejohn from the OP's Mail article.

Hmm... given that you can't tell someone's religion just by looking at them I assume you mean people with dark skins rather than supporters of Islam. And if you see less than 1 in 20 people with dark skins as being much larger than 1 in 20, I suggest you suffer from the 'seeing immigrants everywhere' syndrome afflicting the EDL, BNP and UKIP.

Richard Littlejohn, racist? Nah!

John X

I would estimate that much more than 4% of the population would claim Islam as a religion in our great conurbations.

What is your problem with that?

Within 5 miles of where I live I can take you to areas that are 100% Islam, and areas that are 100% Christian.

One thing that is a bit strange.

In the Christian areas, there are many Islamic shopkeepers

In the Islamic areas there are no Christian shopkeepers.

I wonder what is the cause of that?

How do you know a shopkeeper's faith just by looking at him?

What do you mean by that?

I go into shops and buy things, I talk to the shopkeepers, and we discuss things.

That is a rather silly comment you made there Mr Sleeps.

Archived