How to get through a funeral?

Sobbing at a funeral is completely normal and expected, so my advice would be to stop fretting about how you get through with your composure intact and just go with the flow.

Make sure that your mascara is waterproof and you've got plenty of hankies with you, then do whatever feels natural. I've been to funerals which included laughs, and I've been to funerals which were wall to wall sobbing, but neither laughing nor crying is out of place when you're remembering someone you love.

Burials are always worse than cremations. I've seen grown men cry at funerals simply because they don't know what to expect. I'm not sure how old you are but I think, for me anyway, we're all different, that funerals get easier to cope with as you get older; both my parents were dead before I was 21. Yes, I think about my parents a lot, even though I didn't particularly know them to well or want to at that age because the died in my "rebel" years, which we all go through, but there's no point looking back with a scowl because it won't change anything. You can change the future but not the past, how you deal with it is up to you.

i have a funeral in a week i am dreading it as i know il break down in tears,

any advise how i can get through this without being a wreak?

This is what i did.

Stood at the foot of the grave, everyone in tears myself incliuded when for some reason i asked

"can anyone else hear any knocking?"

No idea why but it gave us all a giggle.

My gramps had a great sense of humor.

Miss him loads.

Sobbing at a funeral is completely normal and expected, so my advice would be to stop fretting about how you get through with your composure intact and just go with the flow.

Make sure that your mascara is waterproof and you've got plenty of hankies with you, then do whatever feels natural. I've been to funerals which included laughs, and I've been to funerals which were wall to wall sobbing, but neither laughing nor crying is out of place when you're remembering someone you love.

During the service i cried like a little girl.

Archived