Cheap booze ban

why do the goverment have to have us paying top whack for everything.

stopping booze deals is not going to stop binge drinking.

just get us paying more to binge drink. And why is it upto someone else what i do at the weekend after six days of hard collar on the roof.

why do the goverment have to have us paying top whack for everything.

stopping booze deals is not going to stop binge drinking.

just get us paying more to binge drink. And why is it upto someone else what i do at the weekend after six days of hard collar on the roof.

More to the point, if the supermarkets got together and decided to do this, it would be "unfair trading" and the government would play heck!

Tax, cheap booze cuts down on alcohol duty obtained in the ever deminishing pubs in britain, its dawned on them they can gain more tax revenue from adding more to supermarket beer supplies.

Alcohol duty is paid on production, unlike VAT which is paid at the point of sale. As pubs are normally owned by breweries its them that usually set the price of a pint in a pub.

The winners in any cheap booze ban will be the supermarkets because of the higher prices paid and also the government from the extra VAT received.

PS.

I have been drinking some very nice home brewed blackberry, elderberry and apple wine, no tax or vat and cost around 25p per bottle to make.

Archived