How Many Kids Did Your Grandparents have??

old tup

My Grandparents on my fathers side who I never met,they died before I was born had 15 kids.My Grandmother must have had the constitution of a horse,my grandfather was of Irish Catholic extraction so contraception was not an option.I,m not sure what happened after they died but I think my father ended up as a child in a Catholic home looked after by nuns,the treatment he received must have been harsh because he turned his back on the faith for the rest of his life.I remember several occasions the Monsignor visiting our house and our old man sending him packing,he even refused the last rights on his deathbed,he never told us anything about his life which was typical in those days,I just wish he had shared it with us even though he had a hard time of it!.Nowadays it is unthinkable to have families of this size it would be a struggle to survive I should imagine for the ordinary working man!.:roll::roll:

My Grand parents on my mothers side had 20 children,13 boys 7girls and all lived in a 2 bedroomed house on Chancel St before the Hyde Park Flats was built.My mother died 5 years ago last Thursday the 29th she was 90 yrs old there is just 1 sister left, the family name was Clews.

Archived