City's influence over Conservatives laid bare by research into donations

If you are a customer of a private business do you get asked if you mind if they donate to political parties?

And if they did ask and it bothered you what would you do? Probably not use that business.

If LibDem and Tory voters in unions are not happy with the union donating to a political party they can do the same thing - leave the union?

It seems quite simple to me.

Actually I don't think it is simple.

An employee may need a union to represent him at work but may not necessarily support Labour or wish to contribute to the party.

Actually I don't think it is simple.

An employee may need a union to represent him at work but may not necessarily support Labour or wish to contribute to the party.

So in other words they might want to have their cake and eat it. :hihi::hihi:

That said it is very simple. If there are enough people who feel the same they can collectively form an independent trade union and negotiate with the employer for recognition. They don't have to stay in a union that has aims that are not compatible with their views. But my guess is they would rather have their cake and eat it ;).

So in other words they might want to have their cake and eat it. :hihi::hihi:

That said it is very simple. If there are enough people who feel the same they can collectively form an independent trade union and negotiate with the employer for recognition. They don't have to stay in a union that has aims that are not compatible with their views. But my guess is they would rather have their cake and eat it ;).

But why should they pay contributions to the Labour party ?

Why not elect their contributions to be paid to a political party of their choice ?

What most employees require is an organisation to represent their views and conditions of employment and not necessarily provide support for a specific political party.

As I understand it the unions pay funds to the Labour party not the other way round.

Archived