Agency workers to have nearly the same rights as others

I reckon this will be the end of agency workers and agencies. Employers will be better off offering short term contracts to people instead. Or if they do employ agency staff they'll get rid of them before they are entitled to the same terms as permanent staff...and get another temp.

I ran a limited company and all my work was provided by agencies. This was not a bad thing because I got paid a lot more than the permanent staff. At one point I was working alongside permanent staff. I was earning 21 quid an hour and they were on 21,000 pa. So I was much better off...

I reckon this will be the end of agency workers and agencies. Employers will be better off offering short term contracts to people instead. Or if they do employ agency staff they'll get rid of them before they are entitled to the same terms as permanent staff...and get another temp.

I ran a limited company and all my work was provided by agencies. This was not a bad thing because I got paid a lot more than the permanent staff. At one point I was working alongside permanent staff. I was earning 21 quid an hour and they were on 21,000 pa. So I was much better off...

the evidence is that some temporary staff provided agencies particularly those at the bottom of the heap are very poorly treated by both the agency and the employer. the new regulations should go someway to improving their lot.

the new regulations aren't really intended to apply to freelance contractors who work through their own limited companies

if agencies start changing contracts every 11 weeks they will be deemed to be breaking their conditions and fined accordingly. i hope this will be a turning point for some companies to set people on full time and giving workers some kind of job security.

I worked at Bassetts through an agency, some of the proper Bassetts staff made me feel as welcome as a fart in a space suit.

"Agency bast@rds", the type of staff that can be fired for fun, being black, old etc.

The type of staff that get the work nobody else wants to do, and must do it, if they wish to be working the following night.

The type of staff who can be hired as and when needed, and sent home halfway through a shift. Predominantly foreign/young and unskilled. The type better off on the dole.

It's good to hear they get more rights, because I have seen a lot of them treat worse than ****.

"Agency bast@rds", the type of staff that can be fired for fun, being black, old etc.

The type of staff that get the work nobody else wants to do, and must do it, if they wish to be working the following night.

The type of staff who can be hired as and when needed, and sent home halfway through a shift. Predominantly foreign/young and unskilled. The type better off on the dole.

It's good to hear they get more rights, because I have seen a lot of them treat worse than ****.

While I was there I was one of a very small handful of English agency staff, nearly all of the others were Polish and many of the permanent staff I found myself working with, at first, assumed I was Polish; they would speak to me slowly and loudly, and I would just nod and do as they said :hihi:

I kept this up for weeks until they realised I was having them on :hihi:

Archived