Conned people in the news get what they deserve?

As a society we tend to watch the news about the big-time conmen that rip-off ordinary or unsuspecting people in a big way.

It seems that most of the time the 'victims' are either gullible, dopey, lonely or greedy women who fall in love because the guy says he's rich and successful, then when he bonks and dumps them, they seem to say (in Crown Court) they're distraught or 'ill'?

Do these love scam women (or men) get what they deserve for being so stupid?

As a society we tend to watch the news about the big-time conmen that rip-off ordinary or unsuspecting people in a big way.

It seems that most of the time the 'victims' are either gullible, dopey, lonely or greedy women who fall in love because the guy says he's rich and successful, then when he bonks and dumps them, they seem to say (in Crown Court) they're distraught or 'ill'?

Being stupid is not an option for many people;it is a natural result of poor education or innate dullness.Therefore exploiting their vulnerability is a cheap gesture,and wholly unacceptable-nearly as bad as sneeerring at their behaviour.

Being stupid is not an option for many people;it is a natural result of poor education or innate dullness.Therefore exploiting their vulnerability is a cheap gesture,and wholly unacceptable-nearly as bad as sneeerring at their behaviour.

It has nothing to do with stupidity, it is about where your attention is centred. I know of many people that have the knowledge and skills to become rich, but choose to live their lives for the weekend and boozy nights out. :)

It has nothing to do with stupidity, it is about where your attention is centred. I know of many people that have the knowledge and skills to become rich, but choose to live their lives for the weekend and boozy nights out. :)

Dammit MOS. I'm going to have to start liking you if you post rational stuff like this! STOP IT!!!! :nod:

What is a love scam? I presume you are talking about one type of scam in particular?

Even so, there has been many an educated person roped in to every type of scam out there.

It's not often that I find MOS saying something I agree with but this is one of those times.

I believe there was a programme done on postal scams, maybe 7-8 years ago now and it featured an elderly woman who was 10s of thousand in debt because she sent money off left right and centre to the postal scammers, losing her house in the process.

Her family, the police & even social services tried telling her that she was being scammed, providing her with concrete evidence and yet she refused to believe it.

So to say it's down to lack of education when clearly ever effort was made in this woman's case to educate her about the dangers is completely unfounded.

no.............

Archived