Only one in four think Ed Miliband would make a credible Prime Minister.

Most counties in England are supportive of the Conservaive party.

The exceptions are the ex-heavy industry areas like South Yorkshire, Tyneside and parts of the Midlands, plus of course the London boroughs for different reasons.

To me, that blue majority across most of England represents the 'ordinary person'.

The class war loving ex-miners and steelwokers who hate Tories because of miguided them'n'us views they've been brainwashed with by unions and Labour are not the 'ordinary person'. They're peculiar to places like Sheffield.

The goverment of Great Britain is decided by a general election of all parliamentary constituencies across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. If it were decided by county council elections we would end up with somebody like my old council leader Lord Hanningfield running the country.

If you do not like the fact the fact that the goverment of Great Britain is decided by a general election of all parliamentary constituencies across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland them my I suggest that you campaign for the home counties to become an independent nation........and go and live there?

You'd have to be severely deluded (or blinded by party politics) to think that a few percentage points either way, for any party, makes a blind bit of difference to anyone in the real world in October 2011.

Since when have politicans and their spin doctors lived in the real world?

No, nor do I think any of the current Blair/Thatcher lookalikes is up to the job.

This country is begging for a leader, and we have no one to fill that role.

ed is the best of the three alternatives :)

as far as the country begging for a leader, the whole world is begging for a leader.

The goverment of Great Britain is decided by a general election of all parliamentary constituencies across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. If it were decided by county council elections we would end up with somebody like my old council leader Lord Hanningfield running the country.

If you do not like the fact the fact that the goverment of Great Britain is decided by a general election of all parliamentary constituencies across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland them my I suggest that you campaign for the home counties to become an independent nation........and go and live there?

I needn't campaign - if the Scots or Welsh ever fully break off and become fully independent it will be a done deal.

And, for your information, that significant blue majority isn't just the home counties, it's across all of England if we exclude the Scots and Welsh. :P

I needn't campaign - if the Scots or Welsh ever fully break off and become fully independent it will be a done deal.

And, for your information, that significant blue majority isn't just the home counties, it's across all of England if we exclude the Scots and Welsh. :P

Oh yes, the government is really popular isn't it? Especially in Manchester http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-15127932

Oh yes, the government is really popular isn't it? Especially in Manchester http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-15127932
Never mind some whining riff raff in Manchester.

Here we go, 298 Tory to 191 Labour seats in England

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a2/2010UKElectionMapEngland.svg/450px-2010UKElectionMapEngland.svg.png

Since we remain the United Kingdom and not merely England your arguments are invalid.

Old ' Red 'Ead ' always looks to me like the general assistant in a men 's outfitters store. Somehow, he lacks gravitas. I can 't imagine him sitting down with Roosevelt and Stalin at Yalta. [ We 'd have only ended up with Isle of Wight ! ].

Might he ' grow into ' the job ? Yeah, might do if he 's still around in 2040

Archived