Occupy Wall Street

Maybe. But that wasn't how the Olympics funding was structured though was it?

For what it's worth from what little I know, I would have suggested a better option to be that the private sector provided the OV in it's entirety under a pre-determined 100 yr social housing contract subject to a reverse tender.

The question is irrelevant to the topic.

The assertion that people are being denied democracy and question is yours, not mine.

Once again; Who's preventing you or anyone else from participating in democracy or making your voice heard?

Go ahead Wildcat, pay your five hundred quid, build a campaign, get yourself voted to Parliament. Start small with the Parish Council if your boots aren't that big. Go for it, nobody is stopping you.

The assertion that people are being denied democracy and question is yours, not mine.

Once again; Who's preventing you or anyone else from participating in democracy or making your voice heard?

Go ahead Wildcat, pay your five hundred quid, build a campaign, get yourself voted to Parliament. Start small with the Parish Council if your boots aren't that big. Go for it, nobody is stopping you.

You haven't read anything I have written have you. :huh:

A bit more than a parish council and the second time I have referenced this:

http://maddowblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/09/19/7839166-benton-harbor-emergency-manager-cancels-constitution-week

Republicans suspending democracy...

Your link seems to be faulty, it goes to an article about "Benton Harbor emergency manager cancels Constitution Week". Something about a week long party apparently.

Follow this link to learn how you can stand for Parliament http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/guidance/resources-for-those-we-regulate/candidates-and-agents

Now I know you are trolling....

you seem to overlook they are overriding the decisions of the democratically elected representatives of the town..

As for standing for Parliament?? How is that supposed to address US issues?? You often come out with some bizarre stuff but your contributions on this thread are totally at a tangent to what the issue is.

Democracy is at the ballot box. I thought that you as a union man would know that. :suspect:

Why don't you stand for office if you want to change it?

Democracy means nothing without a free press, representatives that actually speak up for the electorate, freedom of association, of assembly, of protest.

To be elected in the US you require campaign funds in the millions, unless you can find other backers you have to be a part of the 1%, a part of the problem.

Solutions have to be gradual, but more equality brings about more fair control of the political system.

Perhaps you have a different perspective to the rest of us? You need to reset your democracyometer if you think that cancelling a party on cost grounds represents an affront to world democracy.

lol

Are you really being so stupid?

It would cost nothing, they have no power or money to invest in it, why? because their constitutional democratic rights have been taken away from them. That is precisely why they declared what they did. <shakes head disbelieving>

Some further context:

http://video.fr.ca.msn.com/watch/video/republicans-quick-to-ignore-small-government-promise/1tj732k14?cpkey=bad514d4-4f71-4b14-8af3-9645fbf61551%7C%7C%7C%7C

I remember now why I stopped posting here.

Archived