Occupy Wall Street

Yes, I can see how in a country of over 300 million people, a couple of hundred lowlifes marching up and down a street waving placards will bring capitalism to its knees. :rolleyes:

The best way to bring this disorder to an end would be to stop the protestors' benefits, on the grounds that while they're demonstrating they're not looking for work.

I'm not sure of your argument... capitalists are almost Bolshevist by your reckoning, considering your ideas of extreme right thinking via sterilization as a solution.

It's laughable that people are trying to justify the bankers greed by calling them capitalists, they are NOT pure capitalists.

What ever happened to terms like laissez-faire and Adam Smiths invisible hand not to mention the conservative buzzword of deregulation that indeed a right wing political party called new labour adopted.

If these bankers were 'pure capitalists' they would be out of business, any notion of capitalism and free market economics died the second the banks were bailed out.

Yes, I can see how in a country of over 300 million people, a couple of hundred lowlifes marching up and down a street waving placards will bring capitalism to its knees. :rolleyes:

The best way to bring this disorder to an end would be to stop the protestors' benefits, on the grounds that while they're demonstrating they're not looking for work.

that's my point though as it's not just your usual white middle class veggie liberals, its on a unprecedented scale they've never seen before, hence why there is no mention of it here from the mainstream press.

The authorities are very worried and why the Police have been instructed to beat up a few housewives, cause disarray so it's no longer a peaceful protest and distract it from its real meaning.

Link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6HbOcRDoMo&feature=player_embedded

It's laughable that people are trying to justify the bankers greed by calling them capitalists, they are NOT pure capitalists.

What ever happened to terms like laissez-faire and Adam Smiths invisible hand not to mention the conservative buzzword of deregulation that indeed a right wing political party called new labour adopted.

If these bankers were 'pure capitalists' they would be out of business, any notion of capitalism and free market economics died the second the banks were bailed out.

Does seem odd that we have bankers relying what most would describe as 'socilastic policies to bail them out.

Wow, I might not agree with a lot of what you say Wildcat and you are an articulate bloke(?) but I really didn't have you down for a tin foil hat.

But perhaps you misunderstood my question, so here it is again; Who's preventing you or anyone else from participating in democracy or making your voice heard?

Why don't you read his post, it's you and people like you that are the problem you ignoramus (a much stronger word should have been used here) use you're imagination. :P

Archived