Tourist Information Scarborough

Yesterday while walking back to my car near Ramshill Road in Scarborough an elderly couple approached me asking directions to the valley bar on Valley road not knowing Scarborough roads that well i couldn't tell them exactly where it was.

I asked one of the locals who gave me a rough idea of where it was the elderly couple needed to be needless to say it was never! a 5 min walk as the Tourist Information centre had told them!:loopy: the map they gave the couple wasn't worth paper it was written on.

How they come to the conclusion it was a 5 min walk i will never know bearing in mind the guy and his wife had a massive sports bag that was full to the top! which was extremely heavy and other bags aswell there is no way on earth he could have carried that anywhere it was just too heavy for him to carry :(

I couldn't see them stood there in that heat with all the bags and stuff so i offered to give them a lift i loaded the bags for them and and then took them to the Valley Bar where they were staying they were really nice people i was glad to be able to help them out :)

Just a shame that the Tourist Information centre couldn't have been more helpful and shown some common sense by telling them that it would be better to get a taxi with all the luggage that they had.

Maybe the map was rubbish but tourist information may not have seen the bag if one of the couple went in and the other stayed outside. If the couple couldn't lift the bag why would they ask walking directions anyway?

Maybe the map was rubbish but tourist information may not have seen the bag if one of the couple went in and the other stayed outside. If the couple couldn't lift the bag why would they ask walking directions anyway?

May not have seen the bag it was about 4ft wide and 2ft+ deep how can you miss a bag like that!:huh: as for the why did they ask directions i've already explained that it was because the TI center told them that it was a 5 min walk!, even if he would have wheeled the the massive bag it would have been a massive struggle for him to the sheer weight of the bag.:(

May not have seen the bag it was about 4ft wide and 2ft+ deep how can you miss a bag like that!:huh: as for the why did they ask directions i've already explained that it was because the TI center told them that it was a 5 min walk!, even if he would have wheeled the the massive bag it would have been a massive struggle for him to the sheer weight of the bag.:(

Then why did they ask for walking directions? One of them could have been standing with bag round corner from tourist information - what makes you think they lugged it inside with them?

Then why did they ask for walking directions? One of them could have been standing with bag round corner from tourist information - what makes you think they lugged it inside with them?

I never said they did so what's your point? they told the staff at the TI centre that they had heavy bags with them anyway :roll: even if they didnt have the bags with them it was way more than 5 mins walk for an elderly couple.

I never said they did so what's your point? they told the staff at the TI centre that they had heavy bags with them anyway :roll: even if they didnt have the bags with them it was way more than 5 mins walk for an elderly couple.

Sorry, you obviously were there and I wasn't. However some old people are not so frail and how did they get such a large bag to Scarborough in first place?

Sorry, you obviously were there and I wasn't. However some old people are not so frail and how did they get such a large bag to Scarborough in first place?

His wife told me that he suffers from Angine which doesn't help at all, i didn't question them on how they got to where they were, i just saw that they were lost and struggling to find there way to where they wanted to be so i decided to take them where they needed to be so that they didn't have to struggle.:)

His wife told me that he suffers from Angine which doesn't help at all, i didn't question them on how they got to where they were, i just saw that they were lost and struggling to find there way to where they wanted to be so i decided to take them where they needed to be so that they didn't have to struggle.:)

OK, sorry sometimes I put my mouth in motion before I put my brain in gear:D:blush:

Archived