Brand new -VS- Second hand

Hi

The shop has every right to sell the phone at what price it like, fact!!!!

It is your business to do your research,, fact

Supply and demand. We often buy the newest gadget car and don't expect a discount but if we were to by an item that had been around for some time, we'd try and negotiate if it cost thousands. We never go to 2nd hand shop but ebay is a good example but we only sell our used cars there or buy the odd, odd item

i don't get what your trying to say apart from shop's can sell for what they want..

sure they can i aint saying they can't i am just pointing out a second hand store sell's product's for more than they are brand new..

what's all this about gadget car's and buying from ebay ! :loopy:

you mean people won't try and haggle the price of a brand new 11 plate car but they will try and haggle a 1998 ford orion if the price is too high.

you are saying the blatantly obvious fact's that everyone know's

i am just pointing out a second hand store sell's product's for more than they are brand new..

I think that what you're saying is that you shouldn't assume that stuff sold in a 2nd-hand shop will be cheaper than the same stuff sold brand new elsewhere.

A very sensible point, but does anyone really make that assumption anyway? If they do, then the marketing people at CEX and Cash Converters deserve a big bonus.

I think that what you're saying is that you shouldn't assume that stuff sold in a 2nd-hand shop will be cheaper than the same stuff sold brand new elsewhere.

A very sensible point, but does anyone really make that assumption anyway? If they do, then the marketing people at CEX and Cash Converters deserve a big bonus.

Ofcourse people make the assumption that a second hand shop will sell the product for less than it is brand new.

it's just like saying do people assume that buying something off ebay would be cheaper than buying it brand new. Ofcourse they do. why do you think people assume second hand places are bound to be more expensive than buying brand new,, it doesn't make any sence at all :loopy:

CEX area always doing this with various pieces of hardware and technology...

computer components are always close to new price, or more expensive than new, and when questioned they just give some excuses along the lines of they just operate within the pricing guidelines they have been given by head office (since they are an international chain based on a franchise model) and have no control over it..

there was a timer when TJ's over the road were selling a very basic Motorola phone for £8.99 and CEX were buying them at about £15 each.... let's just say I made some money from them over the course of about a week...

Just stick with CEX for media (DVD's and Games) but never go there for anything more, it's just not worth it..

Archived