Newspaper article about cruelty of x factor

Having looked at that and looked into some of the people mentioned, I'm strongly inclined to agree.

I watched a woman called Ceri Rees, who had been invited back for a fourth time, despite being

a) unable to sing at all

b) clearly vulnerable and not quite all there.

I think it's utterly despicable and exploitative - they are publically humiliating and exploiting people who in some cases are quite clearly in need of help.

Having looked at that and looked into some of the people mentioned, I'm strongly inclined to agree.

I watched a woman called Ceri Rees, who had been invited back for a fourth time, despite being

a) unable to sing at all

b) clearly vulnerable and not quite all there.

I think it's utterly despicable and exploitative - they are publically humiliating and exploiting people who in some cases are quite clearly in need of help.

She could have said no. People have got a mind of their own.

The article is a load of nonsense. People always want to place the blame on anyone but themselves.

She could have said no. People have got a mind of their own.

That's the point though Spyda, some people, through low self esteem or learning difficulties or very low intelligence or because they're to immature to make sensible choices aren't able to make sensible choices.

I agree it's exploitation, but that's not a bad thing.

Every single person that appears on a show whether that be the X Factor or Deal or No Deal is being exploited. People only make a song and dance about the X Factor because it is so big.

Nobody is forced to go on.

I agree it's exploitation, but that's not a bad thing.

Every single person that appears on a show whether that be the X Factor or Deal or No Deal is being exploited. People only make a song and dance about the X Factor because it is so big.

Nobody is forced to go on.

I agree with you to some extent.everyone is exploited including we the viewing public,tactics are used all the time to tease. Thats what makes the programme successful.

I have heard people say they won't watch on principle,but for me i will continue to watch even though elements in it arn't very nice,and are uncomfortable to watch,its still an entertaining programme,and once you start watching the live shows you really become hooked.

Archived