Golf in Sheffield (pitch and putt)

Zarch

Wanting to get into playing golf but dont think i'm ready for the full 18 hole courses.

Are there any pitch and putt courses around Sheffield?

There used to be Longley Park and Graves Park but i think they have now gone.

Cheers

Mikey, sorry,my mistake on graves park. I think i went out of season (September), they said we could use the course but the club hire hut was closed.

Anyone any idea what the "season" is for opening of the course and the club hire?

Is Don Valleys opening times seasonal too?

Nomme, where is Bingham Park?

Originally posted by Zarch

Nomme, where is Bingham Park?

Have a look at this:

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?X=433000&Y=386000&width=700&height=400&client=public&gride=&gridn=&srec=0&coordsys=gb&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=S10&scale=25000&advanced=&lang=&multimap.x=246&multimap.y=240

It's not marked as such, but the big white area between Rustlings Road and Greystones Road is Bingham park.

As a landmark the red roundabout to the top right of the map is Hunters Bar.

HTH

Nomme

Thanks for the replies chaps.

I've been on the blower to Rother Valley, £4 in the week and £4.50 weekends with opening hours until it goes dark.

I have also emailed the address on that council web-page about courses, prices and opening times.

A chap at work also says theres one up past chapletown somwhere but cannot be specific although he thinks elsecar rings a bell. That would be useful as its my end of town (Hillsborough)

Cheers so far

There is one at elsecar, follow signs for Elsecar heritage centre, it looks pretty poor though. Best bets are Graves Park or Rother Valley.

If you wanna try a full round go for Beaucheif or Tinsley they are pretty relaxed about the standards.

Archived