Which dishwasher to buy??

I had a Hotpoint dishwasher that I was very happy with so when it broke down I when out and replaced it with another Hotpoint. I just don’t like this one, it doesn’t seem to rinse well. So I am thinking of replacing it yet again, but I would like recommendation, so if anyone out there known any pros or cons I would be very grateful as this is proving expensive. Before any one put comments about washing the pots myself or getting my husband to do them, I know all that thanks.

this may seem like an obvious question but have you used rinse aid in your machine? we have always had indesit dishwashers , we never used rinse aid in any, we had a new indesit last year after having a new kitchen put in and it was rubbish at rinsing we put some rinse aid in and have had zero problems since.

if you have used it i aplogise now!! i would reccomend a indesit as thats what we always have used whereas i know my parents would say get a bosch its very dependant on what you are prepared to pay i guess.

our latest was one from Currys - 'essentials' I think.

What i noticed in the top half was a little tray which tilted the cups more. this was useful to get more water run off, and not waste heat trying to dry a puddle on the cup base. Hindsight eh?

also look for flexiblity, in what you can get in. Does half of the bottom lay flat for big dishes, pans etc - or do they have to 'balance' on the plate racks.

Don't rush - and look for discount vouchers!

(Also see fabgirl's point about rinseaid!)

sign up for a month of Which? as theyll be able to give you the best reviews (from a technical standpoint)

Also try searching around on moneysavingexpert forums as its free to join and full of super helpful people.

PS We have a one year old Hotpoint Aquarius FDF784 and everything always comes out clean...

Have you tried cleaning out your drains? Maybe theres backup thats flowing back into the machine??

Archived