Amanda knox trial

I am not saying that she should have behaved in a particular way and whilst I would never say that her behaviour in the immediate aftermath should incriminate her, it was certainly bizarre enough to arouse suspicion, which is unfortunate for her if she is innocent. Chopping and changing her statements, quite drastically, did her no favours.

I think it was being interrogated for hours on end with no legal representation or professional interpreter and being beaten about the head which did her no favours.

jb

you don't think its more bizarre to do cartwheels if you are guilty and trying to hide the fact that you killed someone?

Nope, I find it equally bizarre that anyone who had just lost a friend/flatmate under such horrific circumstances and were present when the body was discovered, who were innocent and must have been thinking 'there but for the grace of god' would skip into the police station and perform cartwheels. Before anyone jumps on me, I am not saying that this is indicative of guilt either, however, rightly or wrongly, I can see why she would arouse suspicion when everyone else around, who knew Kercher, was tearful and in a state of shock. So, the police had their suspect and looked for 'evidence' to further incriminate her and tie her to the crime scene, which had already been trampled over and comtaminated, according to what I've read.

As somone remarked to me, she was convinced there was a miscarridge of justice, and she's also convinced that Knox is still guilty.

Do they have double jeopardy in Italy one wonders...

Don't know about any double jeopardy laws in Italy but as seen as she flew into London this lunchtime on BA 553 from Rome then a onward connection to Seattle, i don't think she will be visiting Europe again anytime soon.

I think it was being interrogated for hours on end with no legal representation or professional interpreter and being beaten about the head which did her no favours.

jb

I am sure that it didn't, who knows what the truth is or why on earth she changed her story stating that her employer, at the bar where she worked, murdered Kercher whilst she was in the next room. :huh: Wherever the truth lies, it is still bizarre in the extreme.

This is the kind of farce which happens when police agencies fail to carry out an efficient investigation and bungle it instead. The judge had little choice but to let Knox and her boyfriend go free.

I would hope that the head of the Italian police agency put all the people involved in the investigation back on the street issuing parking tickets.

As for the Kercher family it's a case of justice denied for them.

Add Knox to Casey Anrhony as potential millionaires when it comes time to write their stories

This is the kind of farce which happens when police agencies fail to carry out an efficient investigation and bungle it instead. The judge had little choice but to let Knox and her boyfriend go free.

I would hope that the head of the Italian police agency put all the people involved in the investigation back on the street issuing parking tickets.

Add Knox to Casey Anrhony as potential millionaires when it comes time to write their stories

Why has justice been denied when the killer is still behind bars?

jb

I don't think Knox has to worry about money, Donald Trump took care of the whole situation for the knox family from the very start his was fully involved.

Personally I think she's guilty, along with the boy friend.

Archived