New Bar - Boudica

nightlife

Finally an accurate account of the current venue. thank you

Or do you mean an account that you agree with?

The original post is to inform and promote a new venue with a real and honest opinion as requested by the owners.

So you know the owners well enough to spend your own time promoting someones bar, as I predicted. ;)

. Not chav rnb and funky house with cheap drinks, as that has been done to death and you're not gonna compete against the established players.

and does not want to be anything like players as previously mentioned.

I think by established 'Players' Tufty meant Revolution, Cavendish, Bar 23, and other bars in its vicinity. If you re-read it ;)

Feel free to criticise but do it with honest conviction after actually walking through the doors and seeing for yourselves!

Ok, what's a good night to go on? What does an eclectic mix of music mean? is it live or DJ, is it dance, electronic, rock, jazz, cheesy pop???

I think Boudica would benefit from focussing on a special drink type that's not already championed in Sheffield. I'm refering to a good value cocktail shot. Those that exist in sheffield are either overly priced or in places that I would never dream of setting foot in like bedroom/walkabout. Essentially somewhere like Baa Bar in Manchester/Liverpool. Not everyones cup of tea but preferable to Players imo!

Obviously the best night would be a Saturday. There are dj's playing every night. The eclectic mix would be everything mashed up together, soul, funk, chart, indie, Rnb, house, drum n bass, dubstep. Shouldn't work but it does.

As for drinks the average price of a cocktail with the current deals is £3. Full premium products. Shots average at £2.

@16.10

There are dj's playing every night. The eclectic mix would be everything mashed up together, soul, funk, chart, indie, Rnb, house, drum n bass, dubstep. Shouldn't work but it does.

@14.02

I stated an eclectic mix of music, not "chav rnb and house ", that comment was non genre specific.

Seems you may have your wires crossed, or is Chav Rnb and house different to rnb and house?

Doesn't seem like it is trying to be very cutting egde playing a 'mash up' of 8 of the most popular types of music?

I will add it to our run of bars this week maybe and give you feedback.

No wires crossed, just because Rnb and house is thrown in amongst the tracks doesn't really warrant it to be labelled as nothing but "Chav Rnb and house". And surely playing a good mix of the 8 mist popular music genres is actually sensible? The comments seem argumentative for the sake of it.

It really is quite simple.

Decent bar, good music, quality yet affordable drinks. Ticks all the boxes id say. Nobody will ever get it right to please everyone but fingers crossed it will appeal to the majority.

Archived