New Bar - Boudica

nightlife

now that i know that it has reopened i shall call in i used to go in before it shut down before you could do with placard at the end of the road so people know that it's there i walked past the other night and theres no indication that its open

• 1 month later...
Still updating and promoing via Facebook. They have taken to having positioned promo girls on the door of Cavendish, I'm sure they like that!

Outside The Cavendish? So they've given up on being unique within a month, and just want any old punter now??? They'd have had me on saturday, had they been open - although it was about 6ish when I went past, so maybe only opens pre club now?

• 1 month later...

Also ladystar, there's more foot traffic outside cavendish and varsity at that end of town than any other place so if your going to flyer and promote the bar then that would be a good place to stand. I wasn't aware that stating the bar is unique including the clientele. If anything I have mentioned it's somewhere for everyone to try. Not a venue that is solely catering to one type of person.

Still updating and promoing via Facebook. They have taken to having positioned promo girls on the door of Cavendish, I'm sure they like that!

Not promoting on Facebook very well.

The page isn't regularly updated, and the website isn't working.

Trying to find out about possible drink offers/ cocktail menus etc has proved fruitless. My better half only drinks cocktails (or soft drinks) so would have liked a bit of easy info....thought it would have been easier with the living social deal that was on (that I bl**dy missed).

I like it! when it first opened it was dirt cheap with the coupons, and the staff where very good. Havn't been there for a while but it is a nice venue and the height chart (convict style) gives something to do. Are the drink offers as they where when it opened?

Seems to me that Boudica, in trying to appeal to everyone, may well end up appealing to no one. It's a common mistake with new businesses where they fail to identify their customers and end up chasing everyone.

I still find it crazy that Sheffield lacks a proper independent bar scene. These back street places could offer something different to the normal West Street carnage, but it seems some actively chase that dream. Old No. 7 is probably the only bar worth a shout in the city centre that could drop in to places like Leeds and Manchester and not be out of place (e.g. on Call Lane or in the Northern Quarter).

All the best to Boudica, but I feel through having an 'eclectic' mix or 'mash up' of styles throughout the week it'll spread itself too thin and ultimately fail.

Another conundrum is the place that is on the next street - used to be the Ivory but it's name escapes me now. Arguably a nicer space than Boudica but I get the feeling it has no idea what it wants to be. Such a shame.

Archived