Should down and outers be sterilised?

Should we sterilise social wasters?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sterilise social wasters?

• Yes
    • No

Those who have no hope of a job etc etc.

I think those that have a history of sponging, those that come from a family of non workers and those who just would be better of not having children.

It would save this country a lot of money.

Sweden did this for many years, and although they have less dossers, they ended up paying out £££s in lawsuits to those who had been 'neuted'...

The OP misses the point, perhaps in the future all people should be temporarily sterilised before puberty, then when they have shown that they can behave in a responsible manner and can afford to support a family the proceedure should be reversed. After that if circumstances change we have to live with it and offer support.

It changes the "Have them and be dammed" attitude to putting the onus on "We want a family and have planned it". Surely that would be good for everyone going into the future.

All we need to do now is work out how to define "Responsible Manner"

The OP misses the point, perhaps in the future all people should be temporarily sterilised before puberty, then when they have shown that they can behave in a responsible manner and can afford to support a family the proceedure should be reversed. After that if circumstances change we have to live with it and offer support.

It changes the "Have them and be dammed" attitude to putting the onus on "We want a family and have planned it". Surely that would be good for everyone going into the future.

All we need to do now is work out how to define "Responsible Manner"

We'll leave that to the men in white coats and framless glasses who pronounce the word 'WE" as "VE"

We'll leave that to the men in white coats and framless glasses who pronounce the word 'WE" as "VE"

German doctors are nice decent people these days, Harley. Very helpful when I broke a bone in my foot a few years ago -even if they can't pronounce W correctly.

German doctors are nice decent people these days, Harley. Very helpful when I broke a bone in my foot a few years ago -even if they can't pronounce W correctly.

It wasn't meant to be serious. It's just the image I associate with people who would have the power to decide who gets sterilized based on their "intelligence and responsibility"

"Here ve haf a test to determine your sense of responsibilty und intelligence.

You haf precisely 15 minutes to complete zis test" :hihi:

perhaps in the future all people should be temporarily sterilised before puberty, then when they have shown that they can behave in a responsible manner and can afford to support a family the proceedure should be reversed.

This is still eugenics, you've just phrased it in a nicer way. Any system that controls the genetic future of human society is eugenics, if they control in a negative (sterilisation) or positive (encouraged mating) manner.

Archived