Suicide Bomber in Somalia: I do not understand why people do this

The suicide bomber says he's targeting enemy soldiers (via his explosive belt etc...).

NATO says it's targeting enemy soldiers (via F16s and drone attacks).

Is there any difference between the two ?

Put in that manner the difference is fairly obvious. Our forces in the case of you have mentioned are using standoff platforms which rely on not only acurate delivery but also accurate inteligence to ensure minimal civilian casualties with the added issue of time lag between non-abortable launch and impact in which the kill zone composition may change.

The enemy however is at the point of explosion when he detonates his bomb, so if civilians are present he has 100% capability to abort.

Strangely most of the enemies victims are civilians, so it would suggest that they actually rather enjoy killing civilians as they have no excuse for collateral damage given their particular delivery method.

Put in that manner the difference is fairly obvious. Our forces in the case of you have mentioned are using standoff platforms which rely on not only acurate delivery but also accurate inteligence to ensure minimal civilian casualties with the added issue of time lag between non-abortable launch and impact in which the kill zone composition may change.

The enemy however is at the point of explosion when he detonates his bomb, so if civilians are present he has 100% capability to abort.

Strangely most of the enemies victims are civilians, so it would suggest that they actually rather enjoy killing civilians as they have no excuse for collateral damage given their particular delivery method.

Same could be said for NATO. If they see a hostile target amongst civilians, they'll launch an attack.

The term 'collateral damage' was coined by the Allies in the first place. It gave them an excuse to attack at will (and not be held accountable for war crimes).

Just look at the civilian deaths caused by NATO in Afghanistan (and in other places).

You think so?

Then I guess you could link to a Christian preacher who uses Christianity to justify rape?

Or you could link to a video confession of a rapist where he explicitly says he's raping because of his religion?

Because you can do both of those things with Islam and suicide bombing. It's clearly not the sole cause but you'd be a fool to argue it isn't a significant contributory factor.

I think that's the byword.

Using something to justify your actions doesn't necessarily justify your actions.

Same could be said for NATO. If they see a hostile target amongst civilians, they'll launch an attack.

The term 'collateral damage' was coined by the Allies in the first place. It gave them an excuse to attack at will (and not be held accountable for war crimes).

Just look at the civilian deaths caused by NATO in Afghanistan (and in other places).

No the same can't be said for nato. The vast vajority of the enemys victims have been civilians. The vast majority of nato kills have been enemy combatants. Despite the enemy using far more advanced targetting tecniques - ie the bloke who presses the button is stood next to the woman and kids he's going to to kill so no bad intel or wrong aim issues- which allow 100% civilian casulty avoidance if this is what they desired, but they don't - they are mental death worshipping lunatics whose god is carnage and desire nothing more than nihlistic slaughter of basically everyone, themselves included as is seen from their drills.

I have no issues at all with muslims as is evidenced by my posting history but please don't mistake that for any tollerance of the islamist enemy who I fully support our and our allys anihalation of to the last fanatical man. They want jihad and martydom, we cannot tollerate jihad but we can at least meet them halfway by ensuring they get thier precious martyrdom.

The suicide bomber would have believed it would be seen as a very brave and committed act for his god and would gain him privileges in the higher place . I am not saying I agree because I don't I am explaining what I believe is gained from such an act . His family will be treat very well too because of his bravery ....or so I am lead to believe :huh:

brainwashed

Of course not, to us. To them, its totally justified. And their interpretation is just as likely to be true as anyone else's.

But that's the whole point of Halibuts statement...truth!

If a woman dresses seductively and interpreted as a good enough reason to rape, is the perception correct and the woman at fault? Women who dress seductively are no more responsible for the actions of others as a faith or idea is. So although truth is a matter of personal opinion, even if wrong, it's for those..or the majority to express why it's wrong, otherwise without that level of argument anyone with a warped sense of perception would dominate.

But that's the whole point of Halibuts statement...truth!

If a woman dresses seductively and interpreted as a good enough reason to rape, is the perception correct and the woman at fault? Women who dress seductively are no more responsible for the actions of others as a faith or idea is. So although truth is a matter of personal opinion, even if wrong, it's for those..or the majority to express why it's wrong, otherwise without that level of argument anyone with a warped sense of perception would dominate.

Unless of course the faith followed tells them from birth that they have a perfect right to rape.

Archived