Bob crow negotiates a great deal for his union members,

And no one has posted that the Country is almost on its knees and can ill afford these huge wage rises.

Regards

Angel.

what you talking about "country on its knees"...there is plenty of money if needed...we are spending god knows how much fighting other peoples wars......

Thank goodness. Quite how tube drivers get by on just £50k for pressing the 'open doors' button I don't know.

That hard-left cretin Crow actually compared them to Airbus pilots, but pointing out that the tube may have more passengers.

He is a highly effective cretin,and would treat your absurd comments as justification for his actions.I would love to have him negotiate for me.

But wasn't the deal sign sealed and delivered by the Labour Government and the Tory's just happened to be in power when it kicked in and couldn't really do anything about it. Unless they broke the contact and no doubt us tax payers would pick up the bill when Siemans sued us for bucket loads of money.

Probably, but the same can be said of tuition fees to universities. The tories expanded the polytechnics into HE in 1991 knowing full well that the move was financially unsustainable, therefore it was highly likely that they had planned to charge tuition fees. You might even go so far to say that they set the trap for Labour because because the tories weren't expected to do well in the election and the fact that people voted for the "Grey Man," quite frankly astounded everyone.

Anyway, back on track. Wouldn't anyone like a person with influence to support their case, regardless of what the matter is? Anyone who disagrees are likely to be an employer, who would like to exploit people, or just plain downright argumentive; I suspect the most of the disagreers on these boards would fall into the latter category. Most employers say the unions are greedy but is that any worse than being a employer who likes to exploit people in order to satisfy their own greed? If people don't like unions what are they going to do about it, why haven't they done anything before?

Sure, if like the tube drivers you want to be paid twice what the job's skillset is worth. Of course you would.

I would argue that their skillset(your words) are comparable with train drivers,footballers,gas fitters,and similar skilled workers.The shift work takes place in an artificial environment,is hazardous and highly responsible.Given the cost of living in London an hourly rate of £20 per hour(50 hour week) seems rather modest.Many tradesmen command a daily rate of £150 which equates to £900 pw (inc Sat) or £45000 pa,and much more in London.

I would argue that their skillset(your words) are comparable with train drivers,footballers,gas fitters,and similar skilled workers.The shift work takes place in an artificial environment,is hazardous and highly responsible.Given the cost of living in London an hourly rate of £20 per hour(50 hour week) seems rather modest.Many tradesmen command a daily rate of £150 which equates to £900 pw (inc Sat) or £45000 pa,and much more in London.

Surely that means nothing unless they are paid on a full time basis?

The unions did not cause Credit Crunch though, did they???:rolleyes:

Only a tiny monitory of banks had any direct involvement. How does this mean all bankers are bad?

How are all unions benevolent and all bankers evil?

what you talking about "country on its knees"...there is plenty of money if needed...we are spending god knows how much fighting other peoples wars......

No. The UK did not declare war in any of the cases to which you refer.

That is right, no declaration of war was declared, but that doesn't mean we were not at war, or in conflict, or supporting a UN resolution or whatever you want to call it, i don't normally enter into the silly game of playing on words, but in this case i made an exception.

Archived