Bob crow negotiates a great deal for his union members,

at last a factual reasoned response rather than a rant fulled by bigotry and possibly envy-thanks

How is this factual? The poster has not given any reference to any of the information given. Not to mention the user who has posted this info seems to have been created for this purpose alone.

Here is some information on the training received by London Tube drivers: http://www.trainweb.org/tubeprune/dd-training.htm

Now I have only skimmed the text but many of what has been claimed is not listed.

How is this factual? The poster has not given any reference to any of the information given. Not to mention the user who has posted this info seems to have been created for this purpose alone.

Here is some information on the training received by London Tube drivers:

Now I have only skimmed the text but many of what has been claimed is not listed.

Hi Wex

I was just trying to illustrate the difference in the training bus and tube drivers receive. Which parts of what I wrote do you want clarification on?

Here is some information on the training received by London Tube drivers: http://www.trainweb.org/tubeprune/dd-training.htm

It is factual as it uses evidence to support assertions,rather than being an expression of an opinion based on a value judgement ie it is seeking to be objective and positive.I really am surprised that an explanation is required asit seems self-evident.

Hi Wex

I was just trying to illustrate the difference in the training bus and tube drivers receive. Which parts of what I wrote do you want clarification on?

Every assertion you make, otherwise it is just your claims and are totally unsubstantiated.

Im not saying you are wrong, Im saying you have not proven anything.

It is factual as it uses evidence to support assertions,rather than being an expression of an opinion based on a value judgement ie it is seeking to be objective and positive.I really am surprised that an explanation is required asit seems self-evident.

No it doesn't, DaSmith has said a lot but has not backed up a single aspect of what was written. Nothing written by DaSmith is indisputable and nor is it based on evidence, so it is not factual at this time, therefore your claim that "at last a factual reasoned response" is, im sorry to say, wrong.

DaSmith's claims have (at present) the same amount of credibility as me claiming the opposite to what he says.

Every assertion you make, otherwise it is just your claims and are totally unsubstantiated.

Im not saying you are wrong, Im saying you have not proven anything.

I understand. It's just my experience of both jobs. Apart from that I've no proof to offer you.

I understand. It's just my experience of both jobs. Apart from that I've no proof to offer you.

Do you have any links to any documents or training guidelines that could backup your "experience"?

What you have to understand is, this is a forum and there is no way of knowing if people are telling the truth or are lying through their teeth. Our only way of filtering out those who are part of the second group is to as for proof of what they say.

Do you have any links to any documents or training guidelines that could backup your "experience"?

What you have to understand is, this is a forum and there is no way of knowing if people are telling the truth or are lying through their teeth. Our only way of filtering out those who are part of the second group is to as for proof of what they say.

Well the truth of the matter is I'm a train driver not a tube driver but I'm sure most people don't differentiate between the two. I can't post links as I haven't made 5 posts but if you google railway group standards psychometric test and go to approved code of practice you'll see the two fails and out flow chart.

Also google trainee drivers blog. This describes how the assessment lasts over several days. The original article you found on tube prune shows how people fail if they don't pass the required section before moving onto another.

Finally the recruitment process failure rate : Google psychometric test pass rate and click on psychometric testing. From 317 only 1 got the job.

• 3 weeks later...
I think it's wrong to compare bus drivers and train drivers. In London bus driver rates of pay vary from £10 to £15 an hour for senior drivers with overtime available. Many can easily make 30k and much more with overtime.

Tube drivers aren't allowed to work overtime. Also consider to train up a tube driver he/she must pass tough psychometric tests which you can only fail once - ever! That means if you fail the tests twice for train(tube) driver you will not ever be allowed to apply for the rest of your life. 90 % fail the process. Then comes the 6 month course including many exams which must be passed. The actual 'driving test' could last up to 5 days as the examiner will test mechanical and rules knowledge, some testing on dealing with emergencies in a simulator (a bit like how they do for airline pilots) and then some driving day and night. Remember not all of the tube is underground.

I've known bus drivers learn and pass their driving test in 5 days. Resit as many times as you want at the company's or your expense. Obviously still need to learn routes and the ticket machine but 3-4 weeks maximum to get a new driver out there. I'm a bus driver myself.

As a bus driver tell me which job do you think carries most daily pressure, driving a semi automatic tube train on rails in a convoy system, or driving round the streets of london weaving in and out of parked delivery vans and receiving verbal abuse from some passengers because you are late through no fault of your own.

Now ask should one set of drivers receive such a premium over the others.

Archived