Would you live in a gated community?

Would you live in a gated community?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Would you live in a gated community?

• Yes
    • No

I make no distinction about what might constitute "your sort of lifestyle".

Dale Farm would certainly seem to quality for the time being.

Are they not all liked minded people wanting the same lifestyle? Proof gated communities are already in place in the UK.

I would love to see a gated community in Sheffield, can you imagine all the 10 bob millionaires trying to keep up with each other, courtesy of their flexible friend?

Are they not all liked minded people wanting the same lifestyle? Proof gated communities are already in place in the UK.

I would love to see a gated community in Sheffield, can you imagine all the 10 bob millionaires trying to keep up with each other, courtesy of their flexible friend?

My son and his family live in a gated community in the North West. It is in the grounds of a listed building (the Hall) which was falling into disrepair. Around 10 years ago, the Hall was renovated and turned into beautiful apartments, and around 20 new houses were built in the grounds. These were designed to be in keeping with the original building, and the estate is well cared for, with the residents taking responsibility for organising the maintenance. It costs though!

Luckily there have been very few issues, and when there are, they get resolved sensibly. There is a big open space for the children to play out as well as individual gardens, and there is the occasional social event. We've gone to a couple of Christmas concerts in the Hall, with the proceeds going to charity.

Of course there is the odd '10 bob millionaire' but those can be found anywhere!

Hi

We have done this in florida, several times.

Two of our sisters live in gated propeorties, but only one has a 24/7 security presence and she is laoded.

The newer deveolpments that have eletroic gates are not that great at all as in london, on the whole a certain percentage has to be "affordable housing."

one of our brothers lives on a farm, gate dproperty and has three guard dogs but does not do farming, just riding and shooting.

We live on an ordinary road in London, but a lot of the people are quiet well off.

Was this gated community a psychiatric unit by any chance?

Archived