Constipation, Any Solutions??

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

will give the cod liver tabs a go next week, feeling a bit under the weather this morning, hard night last night, a tad too much Chivas ;(

hope all that over-indulgence hasn't had a damaging affect.

we hav'nt heard from you for a while.

we hav'nt heard from you for a while.

I've wondered the same for the last couple of weeks but didn't dare say anything in case I tempted fate. I used to enjoy a good laugh too :hihi: I hope they haven't gone on a 3 month holiday, we'll never hear the end of how much it cost :roll:

You say you don't like fruit and veg, but trust me, as soon as you notice how much better your digestion is, and how much better you feel in general, you'll come to love veggies.

I'm vegetarian and never have any problems of that kind any more (I used to). Meat and dairy products just clog you up. As does bread.

Try different things and see how they go down- just try adding veg to your normal food: if you like curry, instead of having a korma or something, have a veggie balti; if you like chicken fajitas, add loads if extra tasty veggies; if you like spaghetti bolognese, add courgettes, peppers and mushrooms; if you like a fry-up, have tomatoes, mushrooms and beans as well.

A lot of my friends who are meat eaters at first turn their noses up at vegetarian food, but when they try it are convinced.

Also, black coffee in the morning usually helps.

Another way to get lots of fruit and veg quickly if you REALLY don't like it in your meals is to drink fruit and vegetable smoothies. Just shove a mix of things into a blender with some orange juice to water it down. Really delicious. Try banana, mango and orange.

Ooh, also, if you're relying on bananas as your main fruit, this won't be helping. They actually bung you up more.

Basically- more fruit, more veg, more drinks, more pulses

less meat, less bread, less sitting.

Taking tablets is a temporary solution and won't help in the long term either with your constipation or with your general health.

Good luck and look forward to a life of easy poos!

Basically, mor

P.s. Just read what you eat in a day and I really don't want to be judgemental or make you feel bad, but that's REALLY bad. You've probably eaten about 4000 calories there- double what you should have in a day. And tons of saturated fat, salt and sugar.

If you carry on like that, especially doing no exercise, you're heading for an early grave. I know it's not what you want to hear, but the solution is not a quick- fix tablet. It's a whole lifestyle change.

It would feel tough at first but in the long run, you'll feel amazing. Why not join weight-watchers or a walking group? Try to see it as an opportunity, not a punishment.

I'm not preaching here; I just think it's important that you get a wake-up call about what you're doing to your body. It's a machine and needs the right fuel and maintainence to run properly. The reason you're feeling rubbish is your body's not happy with what you're doing to it.

Start today and be grateful forever. Ignore this at your peril- one or other of you will be grieving at the funeral of the other much too soon if you do.

Good luck.

P.s. Just read what you eat in a day and I really don't want to be judgemental or make you feel bad, but that's REALLY bad. You've probably eaten about 4000 calories there- double what you should have in a day. And tons of saturated fat, salt and sugar.

If you carry on like that, especially doing no exercise, you're heading for an early grave. I know it's not what you want to hear, but the solution is not a quick- fix tablet. It's a whole lifestyle change.

It would feel tough at first but in the long run, you'll feel amazing. Why not join weight-watchers or a walking group? Try to see it as an opportunity, not a punishment.

I'm not preaching here; I just think it's important that you get a wake-up call about what you're doing to your body. It's a machine and needs the right fuel and maintainence to run properly. The reason you're feeling rubbish is your body's not happy with what you're doing to it.

Start today and be grateful forever. Ignore this at your peril- one or other of you will be grieving at the funeral of the other much too soon if you do. Good luck.

That's not preaching, would love to see one of your sermons then:hihi::love:

Archived