World collapse is coming! What are you going to do?

No! They had problems in the head.

The fact is you must realize that governments will not let the Armageddon scenario you seem to think might happen ever come about at all.

The recession maybe slow in passing. Unemployment may stay at high levels for a period of time but we'll pull through it sooner or later.

I'm too old to take Doomsday scenarios seriously. The only one I ever took seriously was the Cuban missile crisis

What would you recomend?

Anything small and valuable that requires high technology in its production.

I would probably try and convert it into long shelf life pharmaceuticals - antibiotics, painkillers, antipyretics, cognitive drugs etc.

That would be worth something when civilization crashes down.

Gold will be worth something to you only if you need something very heavy or very shiny.

I would probably try and convert it into long shelf life pharmaceuticals - antibiotics, painkillers, antipyretics, cognitive drugs etc.

That would be worth something when civilization crashes down.Gold will be worth something to you only if you need something very heavy or very shiny.

Been watching Road Warrior movies of late ? :D

That would be worth something when civilization crashes down.

Gold will be worth something to you only if you need something very heavy or very shiny.

Bang on, me thinks. Money will be worthless.

Been watching Road Warrior movies of late ? :D

Nope, but I have read "Lucifer's Hammer" and "Footfall".

This is, after all, a thread about "World Collapse", i.e a flight of fancy from the very beginning.

It differs slightly from the prevailing post-apocalyptic fantasies in that there aren't any actual zombies.

I had better start breeding pigs, chickens and goats then. I'll trade a couple of goats for some spares at the local Harley-Davidson dealer

I have no idea how long it takes to breed that stuff, but you might have missed the boat. Maybe breed them, and not tell anybody else?

Archived