World collapse is coming! What are you going to do?

I feel I myst defend myself here.

Actually, when Rampent made his original post, no one was replying at first. I got the impression people were thinking they'd said all there was to say on previous threads, so I was being provocative or sarcastic, whichever way you want to read it. Either way it gave people an in to the discussion and it has now continued for several pages.

If you check other threads which I've started, and posts I've made I don't think I could be accused of being naive, in fact I was amongst the few who were predicting this crash way back when everyone thought we were barking.

I do rather deplore the way some people are relishing a collapse, but that's just me. It will hurt the people at the bottom, not those at the top who started it all. That makes me as furious as everyone else. I don't know what the answer is.

I have been watching our great European leaders on telly today discussing our future and the thing that struck me most of all was that not one of them will be affected one iota by the fact that the poorest among us will be the ones that have to take the brunt of there complete failure.

I feel I myst defend myself here.

Actually, when Rampent made his original post, no one was replying at first. I got the impression people were thinking they'd said all there was to say on previous threads, so I was being provocative or sarcastic, whichever way you want to read it. Either way it gave people an in to the discussion and it has now continued for several pages.

If you check other threads which I've started, and posts I've made I don't think I could be accused of being naive, in fact I was amongst the few who were predicting this crash way back when everyone thought we were barking.

I do rather deplore the way some people are relishing a collapse, but that's just me. It will hurt the people at the bottom, not those at the top who started it all. That makes me as furious as everyone else. I don't know what the answer is.

I don't think they do either, and as for us poor mortals, we have no chance of knowing !

Did anyone see the TV programme that was on last night about the people, ie hedgefund managers etc., who are going to make an absolute killing out of the financial collapse?

I didn't see the programme, but I'm currently reading: Whoops!: Why everyone owes everyone and no one can pay by John Lanchester which is enlightening, frightening and outrageous. It was published quite recently and talks about the recent financial crisis.

I would recommend it to anyone interested - it is very readable and written in a very simple and easy to understand language.

i seem to be getting busier..........deafinatley took more money than last year , week on week what recession :loopy: the goverment always have summat up there sleeve joe public is un aware of //////.you see/////// oh and by the way. if its coming,,aldis beans are cheaper , then lidl, then morrisons, then asda........

What makes you think that? :confused:

It was a mild attempt at a humorous comment based on the fact that the Stephen King who wrote that piece, and is evidently some sort of financial journalist, has the same name as Stephen King, the much more famous horror novelist. I'll give up now.

I don't profess to know a great deal about how the economics of this world work. One thing I am pretty sure of though, is this great economic mealtdown will definately come if the media keep saying it will.

The media have such an influence on the world and how it works, i reckon a blanket ban on media scaremongering would go a long way to preventing it.

I don't profess to know a great deal about how the economics of this world work. One thing I am pretty sure of though, is this great economic mealtdown will definately come if the media keep saying it will.

The media have such an influence on the world and how it works, i reckon a blanket ban on media scaremongering would go a long way to preventing it.

You are so right.In fact Cameron is writing in the papers to announce the future-he thinks it is so much easier than running the country and taking decisions.

Archived