World collapse is coming! What are you going to do?

Newsnight - On The Verge Of A Perfect Storm 2 to 3 weeks from a banking crisis worse than 2008

BBC iPlayer link

Global economy crisis as serious as 2008 [sky News]

If only Crash Gordon were here to save the world again, after all, he did such a good job back in 2008. :rolleyes:

(Assuming that you think that kicking the can down the road a few years is a solution.)

Newsnight - On The Verge Of A Perfect Storm 2 to 3 weeks from a banking crisis worse than 2008

BBC iPlayer link

Global economy crisis as serious as 2008 [sky News]

If only Crash Gordon were here to save the world again, after all, he did such a good job back in 2008. :rolleyes:

(Assuming that you think that kicking the can down the road a few years is a solution.)

At least the economy was still going forward in 2008. VAT Man and The Boy Blunder know there's goinig to be disaster but it won't be their fault will it? They were told what was going to happen if they carried on with their devisive plans but they still went/ are going ahead with them regardless.

At least the economy was still going forward in 2008. VAT Man and The Boy Blunder know there's goinig to be disaster but it won't be their fault will it? They were told what was going to happen if they carried on with their devisive plans but they still went/ are going ahead with them regardless.

I assume you didn't bother listening to it; it’s not their plans that will cause it.

I assume you didn't bother listening to it; it’s not their plans that will cause it.

You mean he's resorted to his old tatic of blaming someone else, well, who'd have thought it?

Despite the press, economists and his own party members tellinig him he's doing it wrong, you're still in denial?

You mean he's resorted to his old tatic of blaming someone else, well, who'd have thought it?

Despite the press, economists and his own party members tellinig him he's doing it wrong, you're still in denial?

No it’s because they are saying he's doing it right, you must have watched a different newsnight.

20 years a go people like the OP used to wander the streets wearing sandwich boards proclaiming "THE END IS NIGH!". Now they can just start swivel-eyed threads like these from the comfort of their 1-bedroom flats. I suppose that's progress of sorts.

I was thinking just the same thing this morning but didn't have time to post it :D

Anyone know what's going on in America at the moment? I've heard there are 20,000 people protesting on Wall Street, and in other cities too, but can't find any internet links to it. Can anyone verify it?
You mean the 'Occupy Wall Street' movement?

I read much the same at lunchtime today, tons of links on French news websites.

Supposedly, spread to 146 US cities by now and, indeed, 10s of 1000s of protesters/sitters (since NYPD arrested 700 of the previously mostly NY-based protesters).

Some big names (the usual controversy-courting types, e.g. Oliver Stone) have supposedly joined as well.

Archived