Cameron.. Pay Off Your Credit Cards To Help Economy

Very true Cyclone, even the banks didn't know that they would be paralysed when I made that prediction. Gordon's overnight bailout didn't come for another six months.

But, the market will always trump knee-jerk sentiment, and that's why the remainder of the prediction was accurate.

Yep, did you? With the exception of a wholly unexpectedly paralysed mortgage market, if you had taken my advice in early 2008 you would have been onto a winner on every single point.

http://www.communities.gov.uk/documents/statistics/pdf/1637517.pdf

I can take a donkey to water, but I can't make it drink.

The biref blip of house price increases at that time was - as well you must know - largely as a result of panic buying due to the diminishing availability of mortgages.

You said steady growth. The vast majority of people who bought at that time would not get the same price for their houses now in real terms. The only people who could possibly have profited where those who bouight for cash and sold on almost immediately.

This donkey knows when the water has bull poo in it.

Archived