Well done Smarmy Dave and Lapdog for bringing the economy to a halt.

Just which legal mechanism are you thinking of there? Maoism?

Incidentally, Vickers was commissioned by the previous government. The current government is accepting its recommendations as written.

You could either read up on it if you want to join in with an adult discourse on the topic, or join in my thread elsewhere if you need your hand holding.

And the Torys would have done what differently?

And what harsh regulations are they imposing now?

Who knows what the Tories would have done. They were not in Govt at the time so we will never know. Its highly likely they would have bailed them, but id bet a weeks pay that the BBC etc would have given them a much harder time than they did Brown, and some tough regulation would have been put in place. Would Fred the Shred have come away with his pension? Who knows? The Tories in power would have been battered for bailing their so called friends, the elite. Labour did it and no one batted an eyelid.

Who knows what the Tories would have done. They were not in Govt at the time so we will never know. Its highly likely they would have bailed them, but id bet a weeks pay that the BBC etc would have given them a much harder time than they did Brown, and some tough regulation would have been put in place. Would Fred the Shred have come away with his pension? Who knows? The Tories in power would have been battered for bailing their so called friends, the elite. Labour did it and no one batted an eyelid.

Bescause people know that they had the NATIONAL INTEREST at heart.

Bescause people know that they had the NATIONAL INTEREST at heart.

Where was the National Interest in bailing out failed insolvent parasite businesses? What good has it done for you or me? Look at the cuts and deficit this situation has left us in. Where is this National Interest?

Wednesday you really need to take those rose tainted glasses off and realise Labour has not and will not be our savour.

Where was the National Interest in bailing out failed insolvent parasite businesses? What good has it done for you or me? Look at the cuts and deficit this situation has left us in. Where is this National Interest?

Wednesday you really need to take those rose tainted glasses off and realise Labour has not and will not be our savour.

Labour basically had a loaded gun pointed at their head. The threat was that within hours ATMs would run out of cash and the shutters would be coming down at the major banks.

It is fair to say that they could have put more stringent controls on bailed-out banks but I don't think anybody really understood the complete breakdown in banking morals and ethics, that months later banks would be using the bailout money to fund record bonuses. But hindsight is a great thing.

Anyway, the Coalition will get to experience the same loaded gun soon enough. How do you think they will cope? Which banks will they throw to the wall? I think we all know what will happen - would you kill your sugar daddy?

Anyway, the Coalition will get to experience the same loaded gun soon enough. How do you think they will cope? Which banks will they throw to the wall? I think we all know what will happen - would you kill your sugar daddy?

Do keep up, the Vickers report tells you exactly what is going to happen, hopefully before the gun is even loaded - the reversing of what was done by labour.

Do keep up, the Vickers report tells you exactly what is going to happen, hopefully before the gun is even loaded - the reversing of what was done by labour.

That's quite possibly the most idiotic comment made by anyone, ever!

Archived