Well done Smarmy Dave and Lapdog for bringing the economy to a halt.

Do keep up, the Vickers report tells you exactly what is going to happen, hopefully before the gun is even loaded - the reversing of what was done by labour.

Hold on a minute Tony. Are you defending Vickers now?

Take a look on your Vickers poll thread - you can't call me for not keeping up when you can't even keep up with yourself :hihi::hihi:

Anyway, Vickers recommendations will not be implemented before 2019. The gun will be ready and loaded well before then. Perhaps even in 2012.

That's quite possibly the most idiotic comment made by anyone, ever!

It's up there. I like the idea that Labour made the banks embark on a global financial wrecking spree, that all the dodgy trading just all of a sudden started in 1997.

Where was the National Interest in bailing out failed insolvent parasite businesses? What good has it done for you or me? Look at the cuts and deficit this situation has left us in. Where is this National Interest?

Wednesday you really need to take those rose tainted glasses off and realise Labour has not and will not be our savour.

May not be perfect, far from it, but they are the best bet - certainly not the Greens!

I honestly dont believe any of our politicians would have done anything differently. I blame our present day politics for the abuse of power that the bankers and financial industry have. Whether it is lobbyists, financiers or the City of London, they ensured they got the press on their side and there was no alternative debate.

Iceland was never really mentioned, nor is it now, that not bailing out its banks (which in particularily its citizens were allowed a referendum on) has not been the armageddon that we were told it would be. Iceland is now back into growth!

Labour never gave us a debate. Never allowed a debate. Brown told us he saved the world. He bankrupted our next generation instead.

I honestly dont believe any of our politicians would have done anything differently. I blame our present day politics for the abuse of power that the bankers and financial industry have. Whether it is lobbyists, financiers or the City of London, they ensured they got the press on their side and there was no alternative debate.

Iceland was never really mentioned, nor is it now, that not bailing out its banks (which in particularily its citizens were allowed a referendum on) has not been the armageddon that we were told it would be. Iceland is now back into growth!

Labour never gave us a debate. Never allowed a debate. Brown told us he saved the world. He bankrupted our next generation instead.

There wasn't time for debates, (in any case the right would only have accused him of dithering) he was praised for acting quickly to stave off a much greater financial dislocation.

He did nothing of the sort. He did what he was told to do until he got carried away and started dating banks at cocktail parties.

You never said that at the time of the Bankers bailout, Tone.

Yes I did sunshine, I even suggested the mechanism for protecting your money.

And please, use my full moniker.

There wasn't time for debates, (in any case the right would only have accused him of dithering) he was praised for acting quickly to stave off a much greater financial dislocation.

This is probably my biggest issue with the Labour party, Gordon Brown, Balls and Ed Miliband, who were all in the Treasury at the time.

Back in 2006, many of my friends and i, who own businesses or homes could see the housing market going horrifically high. Friends were enticed by the bank managers to borrow 6 or 7 times their incomes. I firmly remember a heated argument with our own bank account manager who insisted we borrow ridiculous sums of monies, as in his words, the market would only go up. We ignored him, knowing full well a bust was around the corner.

Now, my friends and i were not economists but we knew the boom was soon to be over. At this very same time, the IMF was saying much the same. Did our leaders listen to them?

Now given, our great minded friends in the Treasury had a wealth of information at their fingertips, why didnt they see it coming?

Incompetence.

Pure and simple incompetence.

These idiots are not worthy to run a tea shop, let alone our economy. It makes my blood boil to think of the huge and massive mistakes these fools made.

By the way, who praised Gordon Brown? The very same press who wanted/needed the banks to be bailed out?

Wake up and smell the ****.

This is probably my biggest issue with the Labour party, Gordon Brown, Balls and Ed Miliband, who were all in the Treasury at the time.

Back in 2006, many of my friends and i, who own businesses or homes could see the housing market going horrifically high. Friends were enticed by the bank managers to borrow 6 or 7 times their incomes. I firmly remember a heated argument with our own bank account manager who insisted we borrow ridiculous sums of monies, as in his words, the market would only go up. We ignored him, knowing full well a bust was around the corner.

Now, my friends and i were not economists but we knew the boom was soon to be over. At this very same time, the IMF was saying much the same. Did our leaders listen to them?

Now given, our great minded friends in the Treasury had a wealth of information at their fingertips, why didnt they see it coming?

Incompetence.

Pure and simple incompetence.

These idiots are not worthy to run a tea shop, let alone our economy. It makes my blood boil to think of the huge and massive mistakes these fools made.

I remember telling several people the same thing and some of them are now constantly complaining that they are in negative equity and blame the current government.

Archived