Well done Smarmy Dave and Lapdog for bringing the economy to a halt.

And now VAT Man has just realised how unpopular he and his vindictive party are by making yet another U-turn and has decided not to cut child benefit for middle income families. Money for votes anyone?
It can be seen as that. Or as righting a wrong. Or political opportunism. Or all 3.

As I'm directly conerned by the measure, but cannot vote for MPs, I'll take it as "righting a wrong", if you don't mind.

It can be seen as that. Or as righting a wrong. Or political opportunism. Or all 3.

As I'm directly conerned by the measure, but cannot vote for MPs, I'll take it as "righting a wrong", if you don't mind.

A righting of a wrong? Funny that how some probably wouldn't be saying that if Milibrand was running the country.

A righting of a wrong? Funny that how some probably wouldn't be saying that if Milibrand was running the country.

I think most people said taking child allowance off households where one person was a high rate tax payer was wrong..given that a household where both partners earned slightly less than the threshold would still get it..I thought you wanted fairness..

And now VAT Man has just realised how unpopular he and his vindictive party are by making yet another U-turn and has decided not to cut child benefit for middle income families. Money for votes anyone?

But isn't he the most popular of the party leaders by a country mile whilst poor old Ed is the one who no one seems to like?

So insignificant infact that some folks don't even know his name.

If that's not a strawman attack, I don't know what is :rolleyes:

Personally, I'd still be calling it exactly the same, regardless of who is in at No.10.

Oh I wondered when you'd pull that dead carcase out of your hat.

I don't recall we did much better in then 1970's with Labour losing their way and begging to the IMF. We had plenty of really crap industry then as well - shame it didn't help us.

Like it or not, the current mess we are in is primarily caused by Blair and Brown stuffing the public sector to buy votes and quite literally piddling all the money away. They were at it well before the subprime crisis and kept on doing it for reasons they only knew.

End result is a recession with literally no money at all to spend ouor way out. That's why the cuts are going ahead - because Labour spent all the money. Otherwise we would be back on track now, having spent the rainy day fund.

I can't be arsed to read the whole thread and various empty-skulled lefty comments, but Obelix pretty much sums up where we are and why.

End result is a recession with literally no money at all to spend ouor way out. That's why the cuts are going ahead - because Labour spent all the money. Otherwise we would be back on track now, having spent the rainy day fund.

I can't be arsed to read the whole thread and various empty-skulled lefty comments, but Obelix pretty much sums up where we are and why.

That's not strictly true though is it?

Last week they announced a £33billion spend on high speed rail.

Whether you are for it or against it you can't argue that there's "no money".

That's not strictly true though is it?

Last week they announced a £33billion spend on high speed rail.

Whether you are for it or against it you can't argue that there's "no money".

I think we all know that there is not, literally, no money, but there's not a lot going around either. Or are we suddenly out of debt as a nation?

Archived