Well done Smarmy Dave and Lapdog for bringing the economy to a halt.

We WERE coming strongly out iof recession thankyou, until the ConDems choked off the economic growth for their own political ends, ie exaggerating the issues of debt we have, so that they could set about on their holy grail of privatisation and reducing the size of the public sector.

Cameron hasn't got a clue what he's doing. Look at how he had to change his speech last week after he initially urged people to pay off their debts, without realising the effect that would have on the general economy.

Yes of course it makes sense if people have have got themselves overburdened with debt, to pay off their credit cards but the way he said may well have sent out the wrong message to the wider economy, which his advisers obviously thought also which is why he changed it!

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi: What an idiot you are

It's quite amusing to see how abusive certain posters become when they can't win an argument.

Bottom line is nobody can argue with the economic data. The coalition HAS killed the recovery. And not by design either - they genuinely believed the private sector would grow to take up the slack. Terrible miscalculation but they were warned repeatedly.

They've been caught out as badly by the escalation of the sovereign debt crisis as Labour were by the banking crisis in 2008.

It's quite amusing to see how abusive certain posters become when they can't win an argument.

Bottom line is nobody can argue with the economic data. The coalition HAS killed the recovery. And not by design either - they genuinely believed the private sector would grow to take up the slack. Terrible miscalculation but they were warned repeatedly.They've been caught out as badly by the escalation of the sovereign debt crisis as Labour were by the banking crisis in 2008.

Give it time.

Bottom line is nobody can argue with the economic data. The coalition HAS killed the recovery. And not by design either - they genuinely believed the private sector would grow to take up the slack. Terrible miscalculation but they were warned repeatedly.

They've been caught out as badly by the escalation of the sovereign debt crisis as Labour were by the banking crisis in 2008.

Are you talking about the recovery artificially stimulated by electronically created money?

How should we make the economy grow?

Are you talking about the recovery artificially stimulated by electronically created money?

How should we make the economy grow?

Stimulus. Not the way Labour did it in 2008-9 though. That was just short-run transient stimulus although it did what was needed at the time. If we have to borrow we should be spending the money on stuff that will have a lasting impact going forward, i.e. serious infrastructure projects - we've got no shortage of stuff that needs improving.

I'd be financing it with a combination of well-targeted cuts and complimentary well targeted spend, taking advantage of the fact the UK can now borrow long-term at just about the lowest rates it has ever enjoyed.

I would also open out NS&I products many of which are now closed because targets have been reached. One reason they have been closed is because they become damaging to the banks - because the money in NS&I is so safe and the deals are often better savings tend to flow from banks to NS&I when the products are available especially in hardsh times like now. I would take the cap off NS&I and let the government borrow freely from the UK population - all NS&I money could then go into financing infrastructure projects to provide stimulus, possibly tens of billions of pounds a year. The banks have had their chance and let us down - they don't deserve any protection from savers transferring funds to NS&I and I think the country needs the money more than the banks. The Treasury should be looking to relax NS&I targets IMO so the government can borrow more from us.

Stimulus. Not the way Labour did it in 2008-9 though. That was just short-run transient stimulus although it did what was needed at the time. If we have to borrow we should be spending the money on stuff that will have a lasting impact going forward, i.e. serious infrastructure projects - we've got no shortage of stuff that needs improving.

I'd be financing it with a combination of well-targeted cuts and complimentary well targeted spend, taking advantage of the fact the UK can now borrow long-term at just about the lowest rates it has ever enjoyed.

I would also open out NS&I products many of which are now closed because targets have been reached. One reason they have been closed is because they become damaging to the banks - because the money in NS&I is so safe and the deals are often better savings tend to flow from banks to NS&I when the products are available especially in hardsh times like now. I would take the cap off NS&I and let the government borrow freely from the UK population - all NS&I money could then go into financing infrastructure projects to provide stimulus, possibly tens of billions of pounds a year. The banks have had their chance and let us down - they don't deserve any protection from savers transferring funds to NS&I and I think the country needs the money more than the banks. The Treasury should be looking to relax NS&I targets IMO so the government can borrow more from us.

So you want to borrow more money to solve the problem that was cause by debt. It would stimulate the economy and prevent recession for now but it would be just another short term fix. Then what? Sooner or later the debt as to be paid back and more of our taxes would be used to pay interest.

So you want to borrow more money to solve the problem that was cause by debt. It would stimulate the economy and prevent recession for now but it would be just another short term fix. Then what? Sooner or later the debt as to be paid back and more of our taxes would be used to pay interest.

This is the polotics of the left. Borrow and ignore the problem. How they think that borrowing more money to fix a problem caused by debt, I dont know.

As a Labour supporter this simple question. How would you work towards a debt free future for you and your family? Would you (a) borrow more money to pay off one debt creating more debt for the future (Labours way) or (b) work hard, cut your out-goings and pay off the debt over time, reducing your overall debt liability (the Tory / Lib Dem way).

One thing seems more and more likely, we are heading towards another recession. That doesn't mean its inevitable, but we are heading that way, however we are not doing so because of the governments attempts to fix the deficit, we are heading for recession because all of our economic parters are heading for recession. In fact we are heading for recession because the USA's economy is buggered and we always follow their lead.

The good news is, unlike Spain, Italy, Ireland and Portugal, our credit rating is no longer in jeopardy, due solely to the governments willingness to address the fiscal problems the country faces. Back when Labour were in charge and they didn't know what to do, the UK was threatened a number of times with having our AAA rating downgraded. This is not longer an issue, our rating is safe for now and therefore, our ability to pay off our debts, and get our economy back on track will not be hindered by increased interest rates levied on our government debt.

Labour has no answer to this crisis and while their supporters would love for our country to go back into recession just so they can score some political points, the rest of us are hoping we as a country can get through this problem, not for our own sakes but for the sake of everyone in the UK from the top to the bottom.

Archived