Holidays paid for when your on benefits??

I know of 2 different families now and have heard of a couple more, all are on benefits and the social have paid for them to have a holiday?? Is this for real? Not sure if they have to pay it back but one couple got £1000 for a holiday, they didnt lie and say it was for furniture or any type of emergency situation, They told them it was for a holiday! Now i rmember years ago my friend getting a flat and asking for a housing grant of £200 for a sofa and cooker and they turned her down!.

Has anyone else heard of the social paying for holidays? I think its disgusting and theres no wonder people dont/wont work, the rewards are too great for not working! :huh:

I would imagine someone has been winding you up.

Nope fraid not! one of the families i know quite well, they went to skeggy for a week in a caravan and the social have paid for it, the woman is a carer for her mother and said she was stressed and needed a break so the social paid for her to go to skeggy and even gave her £300 spending money fact! crazy!

one of the families i know quite well, they went to skeggy for a week in a caravan and the social have paid for it, the woman is a carer for her mother and said she was stressed and needed a break

It could be a Carer's Grant then, which has to be paid back, or from a benevolent fund.

Even if it is from the government, if it is more cost effective for someone to have the money would you begrudge it them? £300 for a respite holiday is cheaper than the money it would take to help a person who has had a nervous breakdown and look after the person who is being cared for. It could make economical sense.

People receive 'benefits' for a whole range reasons.

It certainly doesn't seem unreasonable that someone who is a full time carer should be entiteled to claim for a short break. Or maybe you think that someone who isnt in work because of long term care commitments shouldn't be entitled to a holiday - even if they have no other means of income?

You can get a Budgeting Loan for travel purposes but you have to pay it back over 2 years or less. Whether you'd get it for a holiday is another matter. But I'm surprised someone gets jealous about someone else staying in a caravan in Skeggy.

Make you wonder where the moaners spend their hols.

Archived