Holidays paid for when your on benefits??

Nope fraid not! one of the families i know quite well, they went to skeggy for a week in a caravan and the social have paid for it, the woman is a carer for her mother and said she was stressed and needed a break so the social paid for her to go to skeggy and even gave her £300 spending money fact! crazy!

Maybe it's rest bite care? It's way cheaper to have a relative look after a family member than local authority. Even with a holiday thrown in.

As usual you leave a thread for an hour or so and everyone comments and jumps to their own conclusions :roll:

1, Shes not a full time carer or registered as her carer, she just helps her out.

2, why would i be jealous of someone going to skeggy for a week? lol Just ridiculous!.

3, I and alot of people work hard for a holiday and yet some people on benefits get given the money for doing nothing! Yes i begrudge that, rewarded for not working!

As usual you leave a thread for an hour or so and everyone comments and jumps to their own conclusions :roll:

1, Shes not a full time carer or registered as her carer, she just helps her out.

2, why would i be jealous of someone going to skeggy for a week? lol Just ridiculous!.

3, I and alot of people work hard for a holiday and yet some people on benefits get given the money for doing nothing! Yes i begrudge that, rewarded for not working!

Was you present when these people went to the social for a grand loan for a holiday?.

Also if true what's the problem if they pay it back?.

I suspect these people know what your reaction would be and are winding you up................

short breaks for carers scheme?

thou as far as im aware the upper limits alot less than £1000

you can apply for it if you care for someone with a disability thou theres several hoops to jump through unless the person you care for recieves high rate care componant of the dla

Archived